The Technological Institute of Textile & Sciences is a name synonymous with high quality technical education and practical expertise, a name epitomizing strength of character and dignity, a name that has served the industry for more than 70 Years and continues to do so…. a name that has a grand history attached to it.
The great visionary Padmavibhushan Dr. G D Birla established the institute in the year 1943 under the auspices of the Birla Education Trust. With a modest beginning the institute has grown into a premier technical education institute of the country drawing to its portal students from all nooks and corners of the country.
TITS also promotes international understanding and goodwill in a modest way by providing training facilities to students from other countries. In the past the institute has organized special condensed courses for students from Kenya, Mauritius and Iran and many foreign students have also completed regular B. Tech. Degree programmes from the institute.
Its administration vests in a Managing Committee called ‘TITS College Managing Committee’ which is constituted according to the constitution prescribed by the All India Council for Technical Education.
The institute has attached to it a Textile Factory for training the students under actual mill working conditions. Students after undergoing such practical and theoretical training are fully equipped to handle confidently and independently the responsibilities entrusted to them by the industry. As such, they are readily accepted by the industry.