Army Institute of Law LET B.A. LL.B Entrance Test 2020
About Army Institute of Law :
Army Institute of Law (AIL) was set up in the year 1999 by the Indian Army under the patronage of the Army Welfare Education Society (AWES). The academic institution is affiliated to the Punjabi University, Patiala and is approved by the Bar Council of India. Army Institute of Law (AIL) is accredited grade ‘A’ by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). It conducts an undergraduate five-year BA.LLB and a postgraduate one-year LL.M course.
Location: The educational law Institute shifted to Mohali in July 2003, from its interim location at Patiala. Army Institute of Law (AIL)’s Mohali Campus was inaugurated by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, the then President of India. The law school has a splendid residential campus designed as an impressive architectural structure in the vicinage of Chandigarh and Punjab & Haryana High Court.
‘Aspire & Achieve’
These words when come together, forms the motto of Army Institute of Law (AIL). It ignites the spark the future legal professionals hold within and converts it into the fire of Aspiration to excel in the legal field out there which in turn helps them to achieve the same.
Army Institute of Law (AIL) has been burgeoning as a Center of Excellence since its inception, generating excellent legal professionals as lawyers or legal advisors in various big firms.
Army Institute of Law (AIL)’s Facts in Brief:
|· Established in||1999|
|· Established under||Indian Army under the aegis of the Army Welfare Education Society (AWES)|
|· Affiliated to||Punjabi University, Patiala|
|· Approved by|
|BCI (Bar Council of India)|
|· Accredited by||National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) as grade ‘A’|
|· Genders accepted||Co-ed|
|· Total courses||Mainly 2 in one stream (law)|
Army Institute of Law (AIL)’s Contact details:
Address: ARMY INSTITUTE OF LAW
SECTOR 68, MOHALI
PIN 160062, PUNJAB (INDIA).
Telephone No.: 172-5095336-338
About Army Institute of Law (AIL) Law Entrance Test (LET):
AIL LET is the Law Entrance Test (Online LET) organized by Army Institute of Law (AIL) under the aegis of AWES for the group of students seeking admission to their undergraduate five- year B.A L.L.B program. Admissions are taken for total 80 seats. Through online LET, the following number of seats is filled by the category mentioned along with it:
- Admission to 60 seats for wards of army personnel
- Admission to 04 seats in the All India Category
Admission to other seats: 16 seats of the program are filled by the Punjab Category. The admissions to them in Army Institute of Law (AIL) will be based on 10+2 merits, drawn up by the nominated university as per the notification issued by Government of Punjab.
AIL LET generally held in the month of the July every year. The procedure to fill the application form is a totally online process and there is no offline mode to do the same. Students can go to AIL official website to fill the application form.
Eligibility of the AIL LET:
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 examination from Punjab School Education Board or any other equivalent examination recognized as such by the Punjabi University, Patiala, securing minimum 45% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates, who have obtained 10+2 through Open University systems directly, without having any basic qualifications for pursuing such studies, are not eligible for admission in Law Courses.
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination in March/April 2020 are allowed to take the Entrance Test held in 2020 provisionally, subject to the condition that their candidature shall stand cancelled in case they do not pass the 10 + 2 with the required percentage of marks.
- Candidates passing the compartment papers of qualifying exam of 10 + 2 subsequently shall not be eligible for admission even if a seat is available
- In case a candidate has passed a qualifying examination from Board/University whose degree has not been notified as equivalent to the Punjabi University, Patiala, he/she will have to produce the eligibility certificate from Punjabi University, Patiala at the time of interview, failing which his / her candidature shall not be considered.
- Candidates whose declaration of results is delayed should apply well in time to the concerned Board of examination to forward a confidential result directly to Principal, Army Institute of Law, Mohali, Punjab.
Army Institute of Law Eligibility Criteria as per the Category:
- Wards of Army Personnel – Candidates applying in this category to Army Institute of Law (AIL) must be a Ward of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years service in the Indian Army.
- Children of Punjab Residents Civil Category– Candidates applying in this category to Army Institute of Law (AIL) should belong to the Punjab Residents Civil category (to be mentioned in the application form). Candidates shall have to submit the required documents along with the application form for claiming a seat under this category.
- Children of All India Civil Category other than Punjab Residents- Candidates applying in this category to Army Institute of Law (AIL) must be citizen of India who intend to settle permanently in India and have obtained the citizenship before taking the admission.
Admission process after Army Institute of Law LET:
Candidates for both Army and All India Category who are seeking admission in Army Institute of Law (AIL) will be called for counseling as per merit in the written exam. Admission will be granted only if the candidate is found eligible on the day of counseling.
Army Institute of Law LET Exam Pattern:
There will be four sections in the question paper of Army Institute of Law (AIL) Law Entrance Test (LET) and the questions will be based as per level of 12th standard. The question paper will be in English language only having total 200 questions with each section comprising of50 questions. All the questions will objective type.
|Sections||Total No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||50||50|
List of Exam Centers for AIL LET:
The test is expected to be held at following centers so that students from all over India can easily give the exam:
- Ambala Cantt.
AIL LET detailed Application Process:
- Before applying online, Scanned copy of the Passport Size Photograph, Signature, 10th DMC & Bank Receipt should be ready for filling the Online Form
- Now, a candidate seeking admission can go to Army Institute of Law (AIL) Website ail.ac.in
- Click on the latest Admission link, Online Registration Step-I will appear
- Fill the basic information in the application form regarding. Category, Name of the Candidate, Date of Birth, Password, Father’s Name, Email ID and Mobile No etc
- The Registration No and Password will be automatically forwarded to the email ID provided by candidate; the same is required before filling online form Step-II
- After submitting the above-mentioned information, a Bank Pay-in-Slip will be generated to submit the application fee
- After depositing the fee, please check that journal number and branch code are clearly written on the bank slip. Online form step -II cannot be completed without journal number and branch code
About Army Institute of Law (AIL) Law Entrance Test (LET) predicted Important Dates:
|Events||Respective months of the academic year|
|Online application cum admission form generation||April|
|Deadline to submit online application cum admission form||May|
|Deadline to submit online application cum admission form including late fee of Rs. 500/- for all categories||May|
|Entrance exam conduction||June|
|Month for first counseling-cum-admission||July|
|Counseling for Punjab Resident Civil Categories||July|
|Date of second counseling-cum-admission||–|
|Date on which candidates need to report to the institutes||July|
- You can contact us for any further admission related queries.
- We provide the admission forms of all the private colleges for free.
- We also help you in getting admission to a particular college of your choice.
Get a clear idea of the law colleges you can get based on your CLAT UG 2020 rank Get Cut off, Fees, Placements and Admission Information of LAW colleges using Admission Advice CLAT UG College Predictor 2020.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – email@example.com