ABOUT ASSAM NEET COUNSELLING 2020:
Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Government of Assam is the competent authority responsible for conducting ASSAM MBBS counseling for NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) for admission in MBBS/BDS courses in medical/dental colleges of ASSAM. The authorities will conduct counseling for ASSAM MBBS 2020 in offline mode starting from the last week of June 2020. ASSAM MBBS counseling 2020 will be conducted on the basis of scores obtained in NEET. However, the candidate can apply through online mode only. The online counseling and allotment of seats is conducted by the counseling board with the help of NIC (National Informatics Centre).
Table of contents:
|1.||ASSAM NEET UG Counselling 2020 Important Dates|
|2.||About ASSAM NEET UG Counselling 2020|
|3.||ASSAM NEET UG Counselling Process|
|4.||ASSAM NEET-UG Cut off 2019|
|5.||ASSAM NEET-UG Documents requirement|
|6.||ASSAM NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
|7.||ASSAM MBBS Seat Reservation Policy 2020|
|8.||ASSAM NEET-UG 2020 list of colleges with intake capacity|
|9.||Frequently asked questions about ASSAM NEET-UG 2020|
Counselling Process for ASSAM Counselling 2020:
The counseling process includes many rounds generally two rounds are held. If the seats would not got filled even after the two rounds of counseling a mop-up round is called off to fill a vacant seat in the particular medical college. The process of counseling rounds have some common steps to follow mentioned below:
Step 1: Application- Applicant willing to appear in counseling rounds of the admission process must follow the required steps in order to fill in the application form:
- Candidates must log in to the official website of the Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Government of Assam i.e. www.dme.assam.gov.in and have to register themselves in order to take part in the counseling process.
- After logging in they have to take the print out of the application form as the counseling process is offline.
- Applicants must fill the application form without error and affix their photographs on it.
- After this applicants must enclose all the relevant documents asked in the application form.
- After all this, the applicants have to pay a counseling fee of Rs. 500 for all the categories of the society. The candidate once appears for the first round of counseling would not be eligible for the second round of counseling. The counseling fee is non-refundable.
Step 2: Submission of Application form- The students then have to submit the application form at the office of the Director of Medical Education, Assam, Guwahati. There the documents will be verified and then the merit list is prepared.
Step 3: Allotment of Seat- Keeping in mind the government reservation policy the seats were allotted to the candidates as per their ranks and choices filled by them. A list of candidates who had registered for ASSAM NEET 2020 is released by the Directorate of Medical Education, Health & Family Welfare Government of Assam. The list is associated with the schedule for offline verification of the documents.
Step 4: Reporting at the college allotted to Applicant- After the allotment of the seats in the preferred medical college, the applicant must report to the college failing to which his seat will be forfeited and given to the next in line applicant.
ASSAM NEET UG Counselling 2020 Important Dates:
|Online Application Form||In the month of August 2020|
|First Round of Counselling||In the month of August 2020|
|Seat Allotment||In the month of August 2020|
|Reporting Allotted College||Yet to be notified|
|Second Round of Counselling||Yet to be notified|
|Seat Allotment Result||Yet to be notified|
|Extended Second Round of Counselling||Yet to be notified|
ASSAM NEET-UG 2020 list of colleges with intake capacity:
Assam MBBS: Intake Capacity
|Colleges||No. of Seats|
|Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh||200|
|Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College and Hospital, Barpeta||125|
|Guwahati Medical College, Guwahati||200|
|Jorhat Medical College, Jorhat||125|
|Silchar Medical College and Hospital, Silchar||125|
|Tezpur Medical College and Hospital, Tezpur||125|
Assam BDS: Intake Capacity
|College||No. of Seats|
|Regional Dental College, Guwahati||40|
|Government Dental College, Dibrugarh||50|
|Government Dental College, Silchar||60|
Assam Government Medical College Seat List (Category Wise)
Government Medical College Name
|S.No.||Esta.||College||Total Seat||UR||EWS||OBC||SC||ST Plain||ST HILL||PWD|
|1||Assam Medical College Dibrugarh||1947||175||200||483||470||412||402||341||279||178|
|2||Diphu MEDICAL College & Hospital Diphu Assam (New College )||2020||85||100|
|3||Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College Barpeta Assam||2012||110||125||483||459||370||376||298||224||120|
|4||Gauhati Medical College Guwahati||1960||117||200||415||441||439||372||309||232|
|5||Jorhat Medical College & Hospital Jorhat||2010||110||125||495||455||386||390||331||239||131|
|6||Silchar Medical College Silchar||1968||110||125||484||466||386||418||310||231||114|
|7||Tezpur Medical College & Hospital Tezpur||2014||110||125||483||453||376||380||308||232||123|
|Name of College||UR||OBC/MOBC||SC||ST Plain||ST Hill||EWS||PWD|
|Regional Dental College, Guwahati||411||1606||1511||2881||4958||595||–|
|Govt. Dental College, Dibrugarh||634||1836||1628||3332||4826||716||–|
|Govt. Dental College, Silchar||718||1886||1628||–||5182||618||–|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)- ASSAM MBBS NEET Counseling 2020
Q.1 Name the body that conducts the ASSAM UG NEET Counseling?
Ans. Directorate of Medical Education, Health & Family Welfare Government of Assam is the competent authority responsible for conducting ASSAM MBBS counseling for NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) for admission in MBBS/BDS courses in medical/dental colleges of ASSAM.
Q.2 What are the eligibility criteria for taking the ASSAM NEET exam?
Ans. ASSAM NEET UG Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant should be 17 years old as of December 31, 2020, while the upper age limit for general category candidates should be 25 years. There will be a relaxation of 5 years for reserved category candidates i.e. SC/ST.
- It is compulsory for candidates to have a domicile of the state for admission to ASSAM NEET-UG 2020. If an applicant has completed their Class 10th and 12th from the schools located in the state, they do not have to provide their domicile certificate.
- In case any candidate has passed either Class 10th or 12th outside the state, then they have to submit the general domicile certificate.
- Candidates have to complete their Class 12th with an aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English subjects. While reserved category candidates have to qualify Class 12 with 40% and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) has to secure at least 45%
- Qualifying percentile should be secured to pass the national level offline entrance test.
Q.3 How many Rounds will be conducted in ASSAM UG NEET Counseling?
Ans. There will be 3 rounds including one mop-up round in ASSAM UG NEET Counseling.
Q.4 What is the total intake capacity under ASSAM UG NEET MBBBS/BDS?
Ans There are a total of 900 MBBS and 150 BDS seats in ASSAM medical colleges
Q.5 What is the counseling fee for ASSAM UG NEET 2020 Counseling?
Ans. The counseling/application fee for ASSAM UG NEET 2020 is Rs. 500 for all the categories of the society.
Q.6 What are the documents required for ASSAM NEET COUNSELLING?
Ans. ASSAM NEET UG Counselling Documents requirement
The candidate must carry the below-mentioned documents in order to get hassle-free counseling sessions:
- NEET 2020 Admit Card
- NEET 2020 Score Card
- 10th Class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- 12th Class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- ASSAM Domicile Certificate
- Category Proof if applying for any reserved category.
- ID Proof (Driving License, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, etc)
- Passport size Photographs
- Residence Proof (Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Passport, etc)
- Receipt of Registration deposit.
- ASSAM MBBS Application Form
Q7. How will the authorities allot the seat to the candidates?
Ans: The seat allotment will be done based on their preference, availability of seats, marks secured in the entrance exam, and reservation criteria.
Q.8 What does Free Exit for NEET counseling round one mean?
Ans The Free exit in NEET Counseling 2020 means that if a candidate had been allotted a seat in round 1 of NEET 2020 counseling but he/she does not report/join to the allotted college then he/she will not be penalized and will be eligible to participate in the next round of counseling.