Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020
The release date for Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020 exam is 18th March, 2020. The mode of exam is offline and the date for the examination is 9th and 10th May, 2020. Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020 is popularly known as DCECE i.e. Diploma Certificate Entrance Competitive Examination. This exam is conducted by BCECE board (Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board). This exam is conducted once in a year. Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020 is a state level examination. After qualifying the exam students are eligible in getting admissions in different sectors of polytechnic spheres like Pharmacy, Engineering, Office Management, etc. The exam help us to get admissions in various government and non government institutions. Generally there are four courses from which an aspirant can opt from:
PE (Polytechnic Engineering)
PPE (Part-time 4-year Polytechnic Engineering)
PM (Para Medical – Intermediate level)
PMD (Para Medical Dental – Madhyamik level)
Quick Facts about Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020
Name Exam : Bihar Polytechnic
Popularly known as: DCECE 2020
Exam Conducting body: Bihar Combined Entrance
Competitive Examination Board
Exam Mode: Offline
Language Options: Bilingual i.e. Hindi/ English
Question type : Objective type Questions
Number of 90
Maximum Marks: 450
Time allotted: 2 hours – 15 min
Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for
Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020, Contact details:
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Exam
Board Patna Office Address
IAS Association Building,
Near Patna Airport,
Patna PIN- 800014 (Bihar)
Contact No- 0612- 2220230, 0612-2225387
Syllabus for Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020
The syllabus for Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020 covers all the subjects that are a part of class 10th. These subjects include Science subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Hindi, English, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
For PE & PPE:
- The question paper consists of three sections i.e. Physics 30 questions, Maths 30 questions, Chemistry 30 questions
- 5 marks allotted for these 90 questions i.e. 450 marks in total
- Time allotted for completion of the exam is 2 hours 15min
- The question paper comprises of different sections i.e.
- Subjects- No. Of questions
- General science – 25
- General Knowledge- 20
- Algebra- 15
- Hindi & English- 15 questions each
- There will 90 questions containing 5 marks for each
- Time allotted for the exam is 2 hours 15min.
- Subjects Of questions asked
- Physics 20
- Chemistry 20
- Mathematics 10
- Biology 10
- Hindi 10
- General Knowledge 10
- English 10
- There will 90 questions containing 5 marks for each
- Time allotted for the exam is 2 hours 15 min.
Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020: Exam Dates
The Official dates for the Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020 is announced and the tabulated form of the date sheet with important dates is given below.
|Important Events||Official Dates|
|Application form available on||18th March, 2020|
|Last date for filling application form||17th April, 2020|
|Last date for the submission of challan offline||18th April, 2020|
|Last date for the submission of challan online||19th April, 2020|
|Dates for editing the Application form||20th – 23rd April, 2020|
|Date for downloading admit card||30th April, 2020|
|Bihar Polytechnic exam (PE & PPE )||09th May,, 2020|
|Bihar Polytechnic Exam (PM & PMD)||10th May, 2020|
|Result Declaration||4th Week of July, 2020|
Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020, Exam Centres
The Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020 is meant to benefit the aspirants of all round corners of Bihar. So it is conducted across 40 districts of Bihar. An aspirant can choose any centre as per his/her choice.
The List of Exam centres are given below:
Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020 Exam Centres
|East Champaran||Jharkhand||Western Champaran|
Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
Each and every student looking for admission in PE, PPE, PMD and PM should participate in the Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020.The applicant must ensure his/her eligibility before filling up the application form.
Polytechnic Engineering (PE) Course:
- Must be a citizen of India
- Must possess domicile of Bihar
- Applicant must have passed 10th standard from center or state recognized University attaining 35% marks
Part-Time Polytechnic Engineering (PPE) Course:
- Applicant must attained 50% marks with science and maths in the 12th standard
- Must have a work experience of 3 years
- Must have one year work experience and must be an ITI of 2years
- Must have two years work experience and ITI one year
Para Medical (PM) courses
Diploma in Pharmacy – An applicant must passed his Intermediate with Mathematics or Biology, English, Physics and Chemistry as Major subjects
General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) –
- Only female aspirants can apply for this course.
- Must have attained 40% marks with PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) as their core subjects
- Female aspirants who completed their 12th with 40% marks in vocational nursing courses from certified Nursing institute from any Indian institute may also apply.
Auxiliary Nurse Midwife –
- Aspirant must have secured 40% in their 12th standard exams with English as their major subject.
Dental Mechanics and hygienist Course –
An Applicant must have attained his 12th standard with 50% of marks with PCB Physics, Chemistry, Biology are eligible to apply.
Para Medical Dental courses
- An applicant must have passed his/her 10th standard from any of the recognized board with English as his major subject. Applicant appearing for their 10th examination can also apply for this course.
Age Criteria for the courses PE, PPE, PMD, PM is as follows:
- Polytechnic engineering (PE) course: There is no age limit for this course.
- Part time polytechnic (PPE) Course: An applicant must be 19 years of age as on 01 July, 2020.
- Para Medical Dental (PMD) Course: An applicant must be between the age of 15 years and 30 years as on December 31, 2020.
- Para Medical (PM) course: An applicant must be between the age of 15 years and 35 years as on December 31, 2020.
- Domicile – A candidate can register for this exam only if he is a resident of Bihar or his/her parents are employed in Bihar Government or his/her parents are employed in Bihar with Central government or His/her parents are working with UN and posted in the state of Bihar.
How to fill Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020 Application Form
An aspirant must fill the application form with registration fee. The registration is viable only after paying the application/registration fee to the Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020. All the detailing of filling the application is there on the official website or an applicant must follow the steps to apply.
Steps of How to Apply:
- First step is go to the Registration page
- Fill the personal information carefully as the same would be printed on the admit card.
- Upload Photo and Signature as specified file size
- Provide Educational qualification mentioned in the documents
- Before printing Preview Application and read the details filled by you carefully.
- Select the payment mode
- Pay the required Application Fee
- Download and Print Application Form
|Number of Course Applied||General/OBC/EBC||SC/ST/PWD|
|One Course||INR 750||INR 480|
|Two Courses||INR 850||INR 530|
|Three courses||INR 950||INR 630|
|Four Courses||INR 1150||INR 730|
Mode of Payment – Candidates need to pay the application fees using either of the following modes:
Online: An applicant can use a credit card, debit card or net-banking for paying the application fee
Offline: Candidates who opted for offline mode have to take the print out of the challan and submit the same with application fee to any Nationalised bank.
Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020: Admit Card
The admit card for the Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020 would be on website on 30th April, 2020. The admit card is on the official website is for the limited period of time so aspirants are requested to download the admit card as take couple of print outs so that they can take it with them at the exam centres. The process to download admit card is simple as an aspirant have to use details which he/she had used at the time registration.
Steps to download Admit Card:
Step 1: Open the official website of ‘Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020’
Step 2: Click on link to download “Admit card”
Step 3: Applicant must enter the details i.e. login credentials that he/she had used at the time of registration
Step 4: Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020 Admit Card appear on the screen
Step 5: Students are requested to take print out for reference.
Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020 Result:
Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020 post the rank card and the merit list on the official website of Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020. The candidates can check their results by providing basic details which they had provided at the time of the registration. The Rank card issued by the Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020 contains the name of the candidate, roll no, courses opted for, total marks and the rank scored by them in Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020. As per the merit list candidate who were qualified can fill the choice of preferences for the process of counselling.
Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020 Counselling/Admission:
- The Counselling session will be held in July through offline mode.
- The counselling will be on the basis of ranks.
- The candidate can fill their choices of colleges and courses at the time of counselling
Reservation Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020:
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||1%|
|Extremely Backward Class (EBC)||18%|
|Backward Class (BC)||12%|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||3%|
Find links to other important aspects related to Polytechnic Admission 2020 here:
Q: What is the address of correspondence for Bihar Polytechnic Exam 2020?
Ans: The exam conducting body for Bihar Polytechnic Exam 2020 is
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board
IAS Association Building,
Near Patna Airport,
Patna – 800014 (Bihar)
Contact No- 0612- 2220230 , 0612-2225387
If you any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
We will be very grateful to you!