Department of Laws Punjab University
The Department of Laws Punjab University Chandigarh was originally established at Lahore in the year of 1889, but was re-established at Shimla in 1948 due to the partition of India and Pakistan, and then it was shifted to Jalandhar in the year of 1950 and finally it was re-located at the University Campus in Chandigarh in the year of 1959. Its Alumni include Judges of the Supreme Court and High Courts, Union Cabinet Ministers, State Chief Ministers, Cabinet Ministers, Ambassadors, Senior Bureaucrats, Police Officers and other legal luminaries. Law graduates from this department of laws panjab university are serving our nation in the lower courts, High Courts and Supreme Court.
Contact Information of Department of Law Panjab University:-
College Address : Department of Laws
Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar Hall
Chandigarh, U.T. – 160014
Telephone: +91 172 2541577, 2534161
|Course Name||Bachelor of Law|
|Duration of the course||3 years|
|Number of Seats||300 (Only Morning session)|
|Fees||As per notified by the university at the time of admission|
|Eligibility||The Entrance test for Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) based on PUCET (PG) shall be for all such candidates who have passed Bachelors/Masters Degree in any discipline with at least 45%* marks in aggregate from Panjab University or any other University recognized by Bar Council of India.|
40% marks in aggregate from panjab University or any other university recognized by Bar council of India SC/ST/BC/PwD candidates.
Bachelor of Law:-
Legum Baccalaureus or LLB is a Bachelor of Law degree which candidates can pursue at St. soldier law college only if they possess a graduation degree. LLB course offered at St. soldier law college, Jalandhar is regulated and closely supervised by the Bar Council of India (BCI).
The three-year law course is structured in such a way that the curriculum is divided into six semesters. Candidates are awarded a professional LLB degree only when they complete all the semesters of this three-year course.
|Course Name||Doctors of Law and Doctors of philosophy in law|
|Duration of the course||6 years|
|Number of seats||Subject to availability|
|Fees||As per notified by the university|
|Eligibility||As per M.Phil/Ph.D. Prospectus of the university|
|Course Name||Masters of Law|
|Duration of the course||1 year|
|Number of Seats||46|
|Fees||As per notified by the university|
|Eligibility||A person who has passed one of the following examinations shall be eligible to join the first semester class of the LL.M. Course :-(a) LL.B. degree examination of this University with minimum 55% marks; OR (b) Any equivalent examination of another University recognised by the Syndicate for this purpose. Admission to LL.M. Semester – It shall be on the basis of an|
Masters of Laws (LL.M.)–
It is a course of 2-years of post-graduation degree in Law. LL.M. degree allows a law graduate to specialize in any one of many legal sub-streams.
Library and Personal Computer Laboratory:-
This Department has its own library as well as computer lab to equip its students and faculty. The Computer Laboratory (Digital Library) has 16 computers which is attached with the library. The Computer Laboratory has latest Online databases such as Manupatra Online, West Law International, SCC Online Full text and CD-ROM databases such as Law Commission Reports , Criminal Law Journals, Income Tax Act, Income Tax Rules to provide students with the latest updates.
Department has very rich and vast library holding over 56,000 books in vast double storied area. Library maintains 55 periodicals, 22 monthly 9 quarterly 5 fortnightly 5 weakly 5 others (approximately) 50 journals, 6 law magazines and 9 newspapers to update the students regarding current legal development of the country and also at international level. Library has online as well as offline (CD-ROM) legal databases and other CD-ROM titles. This includes:
- Manupatra Online- Online full text judgments of Supreme Court and all the high courts of India.
- West Law International- Online world full-text journal, reports, cases of all over the world.
- Panjab University Database- Bibliographic database of main Library of Panjab University.
- UGC-Infonet Database- Contains Online Full-Text Legal International Journals.
Offline (CD-ROM) Database:-
- AIR-SC (CD-ROM) 1950-2005- full text on CD-ROM comprising (a) case notes (b) full text of judgments of Supreme Court of India.
- AIR-HC (CD-ROM) 1985-2005- full text on CD-ROM comprising (a) case notes (b) full text of judgments of all the high courts of India.
- Criminal Law Journal (CD-ROM) 1975-2005 – full text on CD-ROM comprising (a) case notes (b) full text of criminal judgments of Supreme Court and all the high courts of India.
- International Labour Standards. India’s five year plans – First fiver year plan 1951-56 to tenth five year plan 2002-2007 containing around 10,000 pages.
- India five year plans- Mid-Term Appraisal.
- Reports of Law Commission of India (Vol.1-3) Contains Report No. 1 to 176.
- Supreme Court Yearly Digest 2005
- Income Tax Act- 2009
- Income Tax Rules- 2009
- Income Tax Act- 2008
- Income Tax Rules- 2008
- E-TDS & Tax Computation Web updated till 31-3-2007.
Workshops, Events and Seminars at Department of laws Panjab University:-
Many workshops , events and seminars are also organized in the college campus to develop the knowledge as well as the interest of the students in their respective field
Scholarships at Department of laws Panjab University:-
Scholarships are also provided by the university on the several basis to encourage the students to perform at their level best
- You can contact us for any further admission related queries.
- We provide admission forms of all the private Colleges for free.
- We also help you in getting admission to a particular college of your choice.
Get a clear idea of the law colleges you can get based on your CLAT UG 2020 rank Get Cut off, Fees, Placements and Admission Information of LAW colleges using Admission Advice CLAT UG College Predictor 2020.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be very grateful to you!