Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University
The ( Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia, National Law University) University is committed to provide excellent legal/law education to the students. The infrastructure and environment provided to the students help them to develop knowledge in the students and research scholars a sense of responsibility to serve the country in the field of advocacy and other legal services. With the fast changing world in the field of law students are prepared here to meet the challenges of Globalization and Universalization. The main objective of the University is to provide legal education to the interdisciplinary students so that the it would not restricted to any one source of knowledge.
At Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, the base of the study truly holds on to curricula, training, teaching, research, innovation, human resource performance and feedback. Keeping all this in mind the University and its faculty works consistently in shaping the future of the students. Keeping this in mind the administration and faulty provides extensive classroom teaching with all sort of practical experiences through moot courts, debates, discussions, court visits, etc. All these provide the inner strength and boosts up the confidence level in the students. The (Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow) interaction with the judges and practicing lawyers helps them to understand the working atmosphere in the court rooms and clarify doubts related to the practicing life culture of the lawyers and the advocated presently working in legal system. “All work and No play makes Jack a dull boy” it is true and considering the same there are also sports activities are organized from time to time so as to rejuvenate the minds of students from the daily academic activities. The University is dedicated towards providing facilities of world class level.
Located in the South-West part of the Lucknow City, Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University has 40 acres of sprawling campus in LDA’s Kanpur Road Scheme. The Campus is a complete township having accommodation facilities for 1500 students and over 100 number of teaching and non-teaching staff members.
|· Established in||2005|
|· Established under||UGC, BCI|
|· Total courses||2 courses in 1 stream, i.e. Dual Degree courses B.A. LLB, L.L.M and PhD|
|· Approved by|
|Bar Council of India (BCI), New Delhi|
|· Affiliated with||Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia University|
|· Genders accepted||Co-ed|
|· Aid Status||Government College|
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya , National Law University Contact Details:-
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University
Sec- D1, LDA Colony, Kanpur Road Scheme
Lucknow – 226012
Uttar Pradesh, India
Phone-Admin : +91-522-24 25 902, 903
Courses offered by Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya, National Law University:
The University offers five year B.A. LL.B.:
(Hons.) programme and one year LL.M. programme
along with Ph.D. in Law and Humanities. The
University follows semester and CGPA grading system.
B.A.LL.B. :- The University offers 5 years integrated program approved by the executive council on the recommendation of the Academic council.
- A. LL.B. (Hons.) Degree shall be awarded to candidates on successful completion of a ten semester programme of study approved by the Academic Council. Only approved courses can be offered during any semester.
- The list of courses to be offered by the University during any semester shall be finalized before the beginning of the semester by the Academic Council.
The regulations for teaching and evaluation framed herein above for the undergraduate programme (B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) Five years integrated programme shall apply mutatis mutandis to LL.M. One years programme.
Provided that the following shall also apply to LL.M.:-
- The maximum period to complete LL.M. (two years programme) shall be four years from the date of admission.
- The University is also running a One Year Post Graduate
- Diploma Programme in Cyber Law since 2014 and a
- One Year Post Graduate Diploma Programme in
- Intellectual Property Right since 2015.
Admission Criteria, Eligibility and Seats for Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia, National Law University:-
To be eligible for admission to the degree of B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) the candidates should:
- Have passed, the Intermediate/Higher Secondary School Examination (10+2) or an equivalent Examination from a University/recognized Board, securing in the aggregate not less than 50% of the total marks (for SC/ST category candidates – 45% of the total marks).
- Have been selected on the basis of Common Law Admission Test(CLAT).
- must not have completed 20 years(22 years in case of SC/ST candidates of U.P.) of age as on 1st July.
No candidate shall be admitted to the LL.M. Degree Course, unless he:
- has secured in the aggregate not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in all papers in the qualifying B. (Hons.) (five years integrated programme) or LL.B. (three years programme) of a recognized University.
- has been selected on the basis of Common Law Admission Test(CLAT).
Campus Facilities at Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya, National Law University:-
- Centrally Air Conditioned Administrative Block, Academic Block, Library, Moot Court Hall, Conference Hall, and Faculty Block 2.
- All Lectures theatre are equipped with LCD projectors and modern teaching aids to make the lectures & Presentation more interesting and effective.
- Campus Wide Internet facilities, through LAN and Wireless Communication
- 24 Hour Power back up
- Lectures theatres with Capacities of 250, 96, 40 and 20 seats
- A Conference Hall with capacity of 350 seats.
- A 3500 capacity modern Auditorium
- Computer Lab with 60 computers based on Client Node System giving access to number of Online Journals.
- Round Table Rooms for Discussions
- Hostels with capacity of 1500 Students
- Residential facilities for over 150 faculty members and staff
- Olympic-size swimming pool
- Lawn Tennis Court, Badminton Court, Football grounds.
- Banking Facilities.
- Shopping Plaza.
- Swimming Pool
Faculty and staff at Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya, National Law University:-
The faculty is basically a large team which consists of full time faculty who are from diverse field which contributes in the shaping the career of the students. The faculty has most of Doctorates who indulge students with them and make them understand the whole legal system in India. The Faculty tries to provide exposure through practical experience in the class room where students are given opportunity to ask questions without hesitation. So that they can gain knowledge through practical classes by applying them with the help of their faculty.
Placements by Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya, National Law University:-
The Internship and Placement Committee at Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow, is an integral part of the institution. It performs various important functions which involve participation from the entire student body. Some functions performed by the Committee are enlisted below:
- Arranging for Internships for the students of all batches.
- Contacting Potential Recruiters for Recruitment purposes.
- Organizing seminars and lectures on a regular basis on various topics.
- Conducting workshops for honing the legal skills and abilities of the student body.
The Committee is a student run body, guided in the right direction by its Faculty Advisors. The Committee works tirelessly to ensure that students get good Internships and Placements, which form an intrinsic part of a law school education.
List of few recruiters at Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia, National Law University :-
- Finsec Law Advisor
- Cyril Amarchand
- Shardul Amarchand
- Argus Partners
- Athena Law Advisors
- Samvad Partners
- Wadia Ghandy
- Pangea 3
- OSC Legal Service
- HDFC Ltd.
- Sriram General
- Wadhwa Chambers
- And Many More
Q-1 How many courses are offered by Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya, National Law University ?
Ans: Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University offers 2 courses in one stream i.e. Law (B.A. LLB., L.L.M., PhD).
Q.2 Do I need to give any exam for getting admission at Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya, National Law University?
Ans: Yes, there is an exam as CLAT conducted across India.
Q.3 What is the age criteria for this University?
Ans: must not have completed 20 years(22 years in case of SC/ST candidates of U.P.) of age as on 1st July.
Q.4 What is the total number of seats for B.A. LL.B Course?
Ans: The intake capacity of B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) Programme shall be 160 (one hundred sixty) + 16 NRI Seats per year.
#Ranked 14 by NIRF in the list of top law colleges in India in 2019
# Ranked 7th by CLAT
- You can contact us for any further admission related queries.
- We provide the admission forms of all the private colleges for free.
- We also help you in getting admission to a particular college of your choice.
Get a clear idea of the law colleges you can get based on your CLAT UG 2020 rank Get Cut off, Fees, Placements and Admission Information of LAW colleges using Admission Advice CLAT UG College Predictor 2020.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org