Great Eastern Medical School , Srikakulam
About Great Eastern Medical School (GEMS), Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh
Great Eastern Medical School is one of the premium private medical colleges located in the southern part of India. The medical institute is affiliated to Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada aims to create doctors, nurses and para medicals who will cater the needs of medical professional in the country. The college offers Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses. The institute came into existence to provide cost effective health services to the nearby region of Rajahmundry and will help to improve access to health services for common people of the state without doing any discrimination. The main focus of Great Eastern Medical School is to provide quality education with latest technological advancement in the medical field. Great Eastern Medical School came into existence in the year 2010 to fulfil the needs of medical professional with technological advancements in the society. Great Eastern Medical School is equipped with all the latest scientific equipments and teaching aids to meet the demands of medical students who will keep the pace with the fast changing world. Great Eastern Medical School offers 150 seats in MBBS course. GREAT EASTERN MEDICAL SCHOOL also offers MD/MS courses in different fields with different intake capacity.
The institute has a hospital named as General Hospital and aims to provide medical facility to the nearby areas and is connected well to the city. There are more than 600 beds in various wards of the hospital. The hospital is a team comprises of skilled faculty, trained paramedical staff which provide medical aid to the needy one. The emergency facility is provided 24X7. The hospital provides health facilities to the poor people around the region. The hospital also has Intensive care Unit to provide help in the time of medical emergency. The hospital resided at the institute also has a 24X7 blood bank. There are 11 major and 6 minor Operation theatres. There is one central Pathology lab used to provide medical tests like Sputum, Vaginal Cytology, blood tests, Urine Tests, etc. There is also availability of different diagnostics available like- ABG, Ultrasound, X-rays, Ventilator, etc. There is 24 hours ambulance service. The faculty at the campus is team of expert doctors who are dedicated towards the health care and patient development.
The Hospital at the campus is for the purpose to provide knowledge towards practical day to day problems faced by the doctors and other staff members, which enable the student to know about the management and administration skills that he has to follow after he become a certified medical practitioner.
Facts in brief about Great Eastern Medical School (GEMS), Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh
|Established under||Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada|
|Total courses||MBBS, MD/MS|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India, MCI|
|Affiliated with||Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada|
|Aid Status||Private College|
|Category||MBBS/Medical colleges in Andhra Pradesh|
Address of Great Eastern Medical School
Great Eastern Medical School ,
Aditya Educational Society
Ragolu(Vlg), Srikakulam Dist., A.P – 532484
Contact No.: 7680945305, 9849478542.
Courses offered by Great Eastern Medical School (GEMS), Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh
Undergraduate courses at Great Eastern Medical School (GEMS), Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh:
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery:-
The MBBS is a 5.6 yeas (4.6 years academic education + 1 year obligatory internship) UG degree programme leading to the two degrees as Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery known as MBBS. The MBBS is a course that can be selected by a person who desires to be a doctor and have 12th with Science Background. The students, who have cleared the Senior Secondary (12th Class) examination and they had (P.C.B.) i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 12th standard, can apply for the MBBS degree course.
The MBBS is the one and the only course in India to become a medical practitioner. The MBBS course contains the basic subjects like Anatomy, Physiology, Bio-chemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology,
Micro-biology, Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine.
MBBS is the course with practical training which is five years long. The students interact with the patient and get the practical knowledge of diseases as the college and the hospital are generally nearby to each other or may resides in the same facilities with different areas specified. MBBS course also contains a yearlong i.e. 12-month-long internship, in which an intern has to come across various specialties. Besides standard clinical care, one also gets a methodical experience of ward management, staff management, and thorough analysis skills.
The total number of seats for MBBS course at Great Eastern Medical School (GEMS), Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh is 150
Post Graduate Courses at Great Eastern Medical School (GEMS), Srikakulam
Doctorate of Medicine also known as MD:
Doctorate of Medicine (MD) is a three year doctorate program meant to study medicine in detail. The course comprises of the learning process from the first step of symptoms analysis till the treatment provided.
Doctorate of Surgery:
Doctorate of Surgery (MS) is a 3 years doctorate program which is followed by MBBS. At this course practitioners are given details of how to treat the patients with surgical treatments. This course has practical in its core which is substantial on having practical knowledge of conducting operations (surgeries). This could be termed as general surgery related to different organs of the body i.e. stomach, intestines, appendicitis, etc.
|MD||Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy||02|
|MD||Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||02|
|MD||Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||02|
|MD/MS||Obstetrtics & Gynaecology||09|
Eligibility Criteria & Admissions Process at Great Eastern Medical School (GEMS), Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh
Age Criteria: The candidate applying for MBBS must attained 17 years of age or above as on 31-Dec of the admission year. The maximum age limit for getting admission in MBBS course is 25 years.
Educational Qualification: All Higher Secondary School qualified their 12th Class in science stream including biology or bio-technology along with Physics and Chemistry with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible(For SC/ST category 40% marks is required in board exams; 45% for OBC Category)
Admission Process: It is necessary for medical aspirants to appear for the National Eligibility and Entrance Examination (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) after 12th class who wish to get MBBS admission. All the Government, Private, Central and Deemed Universities will be based on NEET scores and the seats for all colleges / institutions / universities will be offered through counselling based on the eligibility Score/Rank, Preferences of colleges and seats available.
For Post Graduate:
- Students who hold MBBS Degree and are registered to Medical Council of India are eligible to apply for admission to PG Course
- For PG course the eligible candidates is given admission on the basis of their merit in NEET-PG.
MBBS Course fee (Approx) at Great Eastern Medical School (GEMS), Srikakulam
|Tuition Fees||Security Fee||Hostel Fee|
|Rs 98, 500/- first Year (Ninety Eight Thousand Five Hundred Only)||Rs. 25, 000/- Caution money (Refundable) One Time Only and will be returned after the completion of internship||Rs. 60, 000|
Rs. 60, 000 Mess Charges
2019 Cut offs at Great Eastern Medical School (GEMS), Srikakulam:
FOR UNDERGRADUATE (MBBS):
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cut off scores|
Campus Facilities at Great Eastern Medical School (GEMS), Srikakulam
Central Library: The central library is place of well stacked books and journals. It consists of collection of more than 11000 books, 82 Indian and 46 foreign journals with proper management of Library faculty. Readers have access to audio-visual aids, Micro Film Reader, and internet facility.
Computer Lab: The computer Lab has 40 computers at the campus with internet connections attached to the printer. Students can take print out the medical journals for the purpose of reading.
Reading Room: It is a place assigned for the faculty and the students as well to sit and read in one of the area specified by the Library committee.
Hostel: There is separate hostel for boys and girls in the campus. There are 174 rooms for boys and 152 rooms for girls. There is also hostel for the interns and faculty members. The hostel is surrounded with the lush green environment all around. The hostel buildings have spacious rooms, lounges, recreational rooms having colour television sets in each of the hostels, with all other modern amenities, are built to ensure comfortable stay of the inmates, and a proper atmosphere for study. There are proper safety arrangements for the women hostel. There is proper arrangement for healthy and hygienic food available in the mess for the students.
Transport Facility: Transport facility is available around all the corners of the city. The bus charges are very nominal so that it can facilitate the student.
Lecture Theatre: There are 2 lecture theatres with seating capacity of 200 students in each, 2 lecture theatres with 270 seating capacity. The lecture theatres in the campus is air conditioned to accommodate many students and faculty to have a communication in the form of seminars, conferences, etc
Recreational Activities: There are many games and other activities available in the campus that include indoor games like carom, etc and outdoor games like cricket, football, etc.
Apart from this the college has arrangements for clean and safe drinking water, Separate toilets, Banking facility, CCTV cameras, etc.
NEET 2019 cut off
- Candidates have to score minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2020 entrance examination in order to be eligible for further process of admission.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC need to score at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ as well as state counselling process.
- Candidates belonging to UR category need to score at least 50th
ANDHRA PRADESH NEET COUNSELLING 2020
ABOUT ANDHRA PRADESH NEET COUNSELLING 2020: Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijaywada is the competent authority responsible for conducting ANDHRA PRADESH MBBS counselling for NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) for the admission in MBBS/BDS courses in medical/dental colleges of ANDHRA PRADESH. ANDHRA PRADESH MBBS counselling 2020 will be conducted on the basis scores obtained in NEET. The online counselling and allotment of seats is conducted by the counselling board with the help of NIC (National Informatics Centre).
Counselling Process for ANDHRA PRADESH Counselling 2020: The counselling process includes many rounds generally two rounds are held. If the seats would not got filled even after the two rounds of counselling a mop up round is called off to fill vacant seat in the particular medical college. The process of counselling rounds have some common steps to follow mentioned below:
Step 1: Application- Applicant willing to appear in counselling rounds of the admission process must follow the required steps in order to fill in the application form:
- Candidates must log in to the official website of NTR University of Health Sciences i.e. ntruhs.ap.nic.in and have to create unique security key and password which they are provided after the verification of the documents.
- After that they have to continue to fill the form with personal and academic details with accuracy.
- Scanned copy of the following with the below mentioned file size is to be uploaded
- Photograph & Signature file size (20Kb to 50Kb).
- 10th Class & 12th class Mark Sheet (100Kb to 150Kb).
- After all this the applicants have to pay Rs. 3540 for General/OBC Category and Rs.2950 for the SC/ST/PWD as the counselling fee in order to appear for the first round of counselling. The candidate once appears for the first round of counselling would not be eligible for the second round of counselling. The counselling fee is non refundable.
Step 2: Choice Locking/Filling- Once the counselling fee is paid the applicant have an option to choose the college he want to take admission in, the option will be categorically in the manner of their preference. Before selecting the college an applicant must have all the details about the college as the seat allotment is based on his choice selection.
Step 3: Allotment of Seat- Keeping in mind the government reservation policy the seats were allotted to the candidates as per their ranks and choices filled by them. A list of candidates who had registered for ANDHRA PRADESH NEET 2020 is released by Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences. The list is associated with the schedule for offline verification of the documents.
Step 4: Reporting at the college allotted to Applicant- After the allotment of the seats in the preferred medical college the applicant must report to the college failing to which his seat will be forfeited and given to the next in line applicant.
- NEET 2020 Admit Card
- NEET 2020 Score Card
- 10th Class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- 12th Class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- AP Domicile Certificate
- Category Proof if applying for any reserved category.
- ID Proof (Driving License, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, etc)
- Passport size Photographs
- Residence Proof (Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Passport, etc)
Q.1 What is the address of correspondence of Great Eastern Medical School (GEMS), Srikakulam?
Ans: The address of Great Eastern Medical School (GEMS), Srikakulam is
Great Eastern Medical School
Aditya Educational Society
Ragolu(Vlg), Srikakulam Dist., A.P – 532484
Contact No.: 7680945305, 9849478542.
Q.2 What is number of intakes for MBBS at Great Eastern Medical School (GEMS), Srikakulam?
Ans: The total number of intake is 150 for a session in MBBS at Great Eastern Medical School (GEMS), Srikakulam.
Find links to other important aspects related to NEET Counselling 2020 here:
GLN Admission Advice can help a student in following ways:
- It is a NEET rank based admission counselling centre which provides counselling for MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS and Pharmacy.
- If you have a low rank in NEET, you don’t need to provide donation to anybody. Just contact the experts at GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. and we will help you in getting a confirmed admission.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. provides guidance and a detailed strategy from the first step of filling up of the application form till the complete admission procedure.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. helps to clear out all your doubts and confusions regarding anything about your admission.
- At GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd., our experts’ team works really hard to check the previous records of each and every college i.e. the provision of seats at that college according to previous cut-offs. Therefore, you will get to know, which college you get and exactly in which round through the highly precise prediction by our team.
- Even if you have just qualified NEET and you are not having a good score, you don’t need to worry. Just trust on us and we will help you in getting the best college possible.
- We cannot help the students who haven’t even qualified NEET.
- But if you have qualified NEET, we will provide a proper plan for locking your choice, what mistakes to avoid etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. even provides you with all the information and updates such as state wise counselling, opening and closing date of the counseling, when to submit the DD etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. has segregated sections for admission in BDS, BAMS and BHMS.
- If you want to get admission in B Pharma or D Pharma, we can help you with that too. There is no need to appear in NEET exam for these courses.
- Except the Pharmacy courses, students have to qualify NEET whether they want admission in private college or government college according to a notification generated by the Government in 2018.
So, GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. acts as a guardian who holds the hand of every student seeking proper guidance, till they get a confirmed seat at some medical college of the country on the basis of their NEET score.
If you are interested for admission in this college feel free to contact us by filling all the necessary details in our enquiry form on the right. Our counsellor will contact you within moments.
You can also directly click on the link https://www.admissionadvice.in/Registration to fill our enquiry form.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at-
Email id- [email protected]