Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
Such importance is given to minute details of education at Hidayatullah National Law University. Sparks of knowledge inside the head of students are ignited and fanned to an extent that it becomes fire, a fire to learn more and more. Also, “Dharma Sansthapanartham” is the mottoof the institute which means for the sake of establishing the primacy of the laws of eternal values. This describes the level of importance Hidayatullah National Law University gives to “legal” education in particular.
Hidayatullah National Law University, named after former Chief Justice of India Justice Mohammad Hidayatullah,was established in 2003 by the Government of Chhattisgarh under the Hidayatullah National University of Law, Chhattisgarh Act (Act No.10 of 2003). It is a Residential University and is 6th in the series of National Law Schools in India. The university is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) and Bar Council of India (BCI).
Hidayatullah National Law University, Facts in Brief:
|· Established in||2003|
|· Included in||the list of the Universities maintained by the University Grants Commission under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956 and has been declared fit to receive Central assistance in terms of the rules framed under Section 12 (B) of the UGC Act, 1956|
|· Total courses||3 in one stream (Law)|
|· Approved by|
|Bar Council of India (BCI), New Delhiunder section 7 of the Advocates Act|
|· Genders accepted||Co-ed|
|· University type||State university|
Hidayatullah National Law University, Contact Details:
Address: HIDAYATULLAH NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY
Nava Raipur, Atal Nagar, District – Raipur 492002 (Chhattisgarh)
Phone number: 0771-3057604, 3057603
Course offered by Hidayatullah National Law University:
- B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) (Bachelor of Arts + Bachelor of Laws):
Duration = Five Year Integrated Degree Course
Through this integrated Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Laws (B.A., LL.B.) Programme in Hidayatullah National Law University, arts and law subject as are prosecuted simultaneously keeping in mind, the latest Bar Council of India rules. B.A.LL.B. provides a Higher Academic Standard to the program as it requires in-depth learning of legal studies and Art subjects, giving more focus to Law.
The curriculum at Hidayatullah National Law University is framed in such a way that B.A. provides basics of general knowledge and intellectual skills among students and through legal studies, a set of categorized rules and regulations under which any society or country is governed, is taught.
Each Academic year is divided into two Semesters with focus given to Law studies (with specialization in any one subject), along with Arts being the secondary study course.
Duration = 1 year
Master of Laws provided by Hidayatullah National Law University is a Post-graduation course. The curriculum is designed and revamped regularly to keep pace with the liberalisation and globalisation in education.The syllabus is spread over three trimesters.
The LL.M. program at Hidayatullah National Law University is aimed at self-learning and research conducted by the students under the guidance of the faculty members and strives to impart research related skills and analytical& logical abilities in students. The classroom training inculcated in students through innovative teaching methods.
- PH.D. PROGRAMME:
The research in law at Hidayatullah National Law University equips the academic law scholars with the right tools to pursue it in the front line areas of basic law as well as interdisciplinary areas of legal research, thus making them a legal expert.
The program also teaches students with its application in their chosen fields as well as outside of it, as conscientious citizens and especially contributes to the progress of those interested in legal theory.
Fee Structure of Hidayatullah National Law University:
Hidayatullah National Law University, offers an integrated 5-year dual degree under-graduate program (B.A.LL.B. (HONS.)), a post-graduate program (LL. M.) and Ph.D. in Law. The total fee p.a. of each course at the academic institution is approximately as follows:
- A.LL.B.(Hons.)- Rs. 175000/-
- M. –Rs. 95000/-
- D. – Rs. 95000/-
Admission criteria and eligibility for Hidayatullah National Law University:
- The candidate should have obtained a Senior Secondary School/Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate from a recognized Board with not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) and should be below 20 years of age
- Candidates who are appearing or have appeared in the 10+2 examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear in the test.
- Admission to the B.A.LL.B. (Honours) Program shall exclusively be based on the performance of the candidate in the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT).
- The candidate should have obtained a LL.B. /B.L. Degree or an equivalent degree from a recognized University with not less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% in case of SC and ST candidates).
- The candidates who have passed the qualifying degree examination through supplementary / compartment and repeat attempts are also eligible for such candidates will have to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination with 55% marks
- Admission to the LL.M. Program shall exclusively be based on the performance of the candidate in the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT).
- The candidates who are appearing or have appeared in the qualifying degree examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear in the test. However, the candidate must have passed/appeared in the final semester/final year examination of the qualifying examination on the date of his/her admission.
- The intake to Ph.D. program is 30.
- The Students should have completed their post-graduation with minimum 55% from any recognised University in India by UGC
- The candidates have to take the PhD Entrance Examination and Interview
- Admissions are strictly done on the basis of admission test conducted by the University separately.
- Students belonging to the Chhattisgarh Domicile SC, ST and OBC category, PWD and Minority Communities are provided with scholarships from the Government of Chhattisgarh.
Campus Facilities at Hidayatullah National Law University:
- Beautiful and expansive campus
- Well-equipped audio-visual classrooms
- A Library known for the classic law books, case law reports and journals that are available in full sets
- Fully air conditioned Computer lab with own laptop computers and sufficiently large number of Desktop Computers with Internet connectivity
- A fully furnished Moot Court Hall which forms a Laboratory to test the Advocacy skills of the students of HNLU
- Adequate facilities are available for sporting activities and the Sports Committee, a student body, takes care of the sporting requirements
- Wi-Fi internet facility in the campus
- Hygienic Canteen in the campus
- Hostel and mess facility
- 24*7 security
- Medical facility
- Clean drinking water
The average salary package offered in HNLU is somewhere between 6-7 LPA. Many students of Hidayatullah National Law University opt for litigation,a few take up clerkship under the Honble judges of the Supreme Court and the High Courts, some go for Judicial Service, some even go for studies higher in India and abroad and the rest of them join law firms.
Faculty and staff of Hidayatullah National Law University:
The teaching imparted by the faculty members and visiting faculty reflects their centrality in addressing the primary educational mission of Hidayatullah National Law University which is practical based learning.
The university is proud to have highly qualified and dedicated faculty. It also has intimate association with prominent legal professionals of distinction as visiting faculty who regularly conduct lectures, workshops and discussions with students of Hidayatullah National Law University despite their hectic schedules and preoccupations.
Hidayatullah National Law University was ranked 12th among Outlook ranked colleges in 2019 and 10th among The Week ranked colleges in 2019. It been established by the Government of Chhattisgarh to advance and disseminate learning and knowledge of law and promote research with a view to ensure its proper role in national development and serving of society.
Q-1 What are the courses offered by Hidayatullah National Law University?
Ans. There are a variety of courses offered by Hidayatullah National Law University i.e.:
- A.LL.B. (HONS.)
- M. PROGRAMME
- D. PROGRAMME
Q-2 What is the tuition fees paid by foreign students applying to B.A. LL.B (H) at Hidayatullah National Law University?
Ans. The NRI/ NRI Sponsored Candidates applying to B.A. LL.B (H) at Hidayatullah National Law University will have to pay USD 5000/- plus Rs. 75000/- and the Foreign Nationals will have to pay USD 6,500 plus Rs. 75,000/-.
Q-3 What is the intake capacity and reservation criteria for students applying to LL.M. at Hidayatullah National Law University?
Ans. The intake capacity and reservation criteria for students applying to LL.M. at Hidayatullah National Law University:
Intake Capacity and Reservation:
|Category||Number of Seats|
|Unreserved Category (UR)||35|
|Wards of Kashmiri Migrants under the Supernumerary Quota||02|
- 3% seats shall be reserved horizontally for Persons with Disability (PWD)
- 30% seats shall be reserved horizontally for female candidates across all the categories of seats.
Wards of Kashmiri Migrants under the Supernumerary Quota:
|Supernumerary Seats for the Wards of Kashmiri Migrants||02|
- You can contact us for any further admission related queries.
- We provide the admission forms of all the private colleges for free.
- We also help you in getting admission to a particular college of your choice.
Get a clear idea of the law colleges you can get based on your CLAT UG 2020 rank Get Cut off, Fees, Placements and Admission Information of LAW colleges using Admission Advice CLAT UG College Predictor 2020.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org