ILS Law College,
The academic institution offers B.A.LL.B., LL.B., LL.M., Ph.D., D.L.L.& L.W. (Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare), D.T.L. (Diploma in Taxation and Laws), ILS-TCLE (Indian Law Society’s TOWARDS CONSCIOUS LEGAL EDUCATION) and Diploma Courses of IALS (Institute of Advanced Legal Studies’ Diploma in Housing Laws).
Mock interviews and group discussion are conducted by ILS Law College Pune every year to provide the students an experience of campus placements beforehand and to make them fully prepared. The highest package went up to Rs.16 lacs p.a. Following last year and the average salary package offered was Rs. 45,000 per month. The following organizations participated in campus recruitment process last year:
- Law Firms:
- Singh & Associates, New Delhi
- DSK legal
- Dave & Girish
- Corporate Companies:
- Tech Mahindra
- Some Banks & Insurance Companies also visited ILS Law College Pune’s campus:
- ICICI Bank
- ICICI Prudential
- HDFC Bank
- Cigna TTK
- Kotak Insurance
“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” – Confucius
These three methods of wisdom are used by the law school to impart legal education to its students. The noble formula i.e. reflection, the easy technique i.e. imitation and the bitterest one i.e. experience are all incorporated in the pedagogy of ILS Law College Pune. Various interactive sessions, moot court presentations, developmental lessons, Industry visits and internships act as catalysts for learning and getting close to acquiring wisdom.
ILS Law College Punewas established on June 20th, 1924 as the Law College, Poona when the University of Bombay gave its sanction for a college of law in Poona. The law school was graded A+ by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, in 2004.ILS Law College Pune is also a part of the EU Law Poros Programme where extraordinary students from the programme are offered to go on an exchange programme to Greece for the period of one whole semester.
ILS Law College Pune’s Facts in Brief:
|· Established in||1924|
|· Established under||Indian Law Society|
|· Affiliated with||SPPU (Savitribai Phule Pune University), Pune|
|· Approved by|
|BCI (Bar Council of India)|
|· Genders accepted||Co-ed|
|· Total courses||8 in one stream (law)|
ILS Law College Pune Contact Details:
Address: ILS Law College,
Law College Road (Chiplunkar Road),
Pune 411004, Maharashtra State, India.
Phone no.: +91 20 25656775
Fax: +91 20 25658665
Courses offered by ILS Law College Pune:
Duration = 5-year Integrated double degree program
This program at ILS Law College Pune is basically an integration of two degrees i.e. Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Laws. The syllabus of the course is designed in an efficient way by the law collegebased on new developments that have been brought up due to Liberalization and Globalization. It amalgamates modern day Arts with Law. Students of ILS Law College Pune are imparted with the basic knowledge of fundamentals of core subjects and at least skill papers including Computer, English, Legal Writing, and Accountancy.
Duration = Three years
Bachelor of Lawsdegree was first taught in England. Students can start their careers in law atILS Law College Puneonly after completion of an undergraduatedegree (by pursuing this LL.B. program) or as an integrated degree after completion of their senior secondary education(by pursuing B.A. LL.B.).
The highlight of this programme is its comparative and global approach in the study of law. This is achieved by the law school by acknowledging the importance of teaching methodology with utmost technical precision and scientific sophistication in the context of Legal studies.
After LL.B. degree or integrated law degree is awarded byILS Law College Pune, there are a huge number of job profiles an LL.B. graduate can choose from:
- Public Prosecutor
- Legal Advisor
- Legal Expert
- Law Reporter
- District & Sessions judge
- Munsifs (Sub-Magistrate)
- Attorney General
Duration = 2 years
Intake capacity for admissions is 60
ILS Law College Puneruns a rigorous curriculum for this post-graduate degree programs as prescribed by SPPU. The students are made to take a creative and original research work by way of dissertation in the last semester of the LL.M. program. They are imparted a specialized course on Research Methodology. ILS Law College Punealso invites Domain Experts for guest lectures to expose the students to research skills and the unexplored areas of legal studies.
Promotion of socially relevant and professionally desired clinical legal education is attained by helping students to pursue the research activities. Keeping this objective in mind the Indian Law Society established Institute of Advanced Legal. ILS Law College Punegave formal shape to its research activities on 15th July 2011 by constituting the Legal Research Centre, which was merged into ILS Law College Ph.D. Research Centre in 2015. Two types of courses are provided:
- In-House Ph.D. Course Work
- Certificate course in Fundamentals of Legal Research Methodology
L.L.& L.W. (Diploma in Labor Laws and Labor Welfare):
Duration =One Academic Year
The Course of Study at ILS Law College Pune leading to Diploma in Labor Laws and Labor Welfare consists of the following compulsory papers:
- Laws relating to Labor Management Relations
- Social Security Legislations
- Principles of Wage Fixation and Law of Wages
- Legislations Affecting conditions of work
- Practical Training
D.T.L. (Diploma in Taxation and Laws):Duration =One Academic Year
The course of study of Diploma in Taxation Laws at ILS Law College Punecomprises of Compulsory papers in General Laws affecting Taxation, Income Tax & Agricultural Tax, Wealth Tax, Central Sale Tax, Maharashtra Value Added Tax Act, And Book Keeping and Accountancy.
ILS-TCLE (Indian Law Society’s TOWARDS CONSCIOUS LEGAL EDUCATION):
These courses are offered by ILS Law College Pune to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and practical exposure. List of Courses conducted under TCLE till date:-
- Diploma in Corporate laws
- Diploma in Medical Jurisprudence and Forensic Science
- Diploma in Human Rights and Laws
- Diploma in Cyber Laws
- Diploma in Competition Laws & Policy
- Diploma in Corporate International Taxation
- Certificate Course on Goods and Service Tax
- Advanced Certificate Program on Civil Court Practice and Procedure
- Certificate Course in Intellectual Property Rights Laws
- Certificate course in Foundations of Law
- Course on Comparative Constitutional Law with Special focus on India and US
- Certificate Course: Vidhishilpakar
- Certificate Course: Law Buzz
- Certificate Program on What, How and Why of learning the Law
- Certificate Program on Criminal Law Practice and Procedure
- Certificate Course on Company Law
- Certificate Course on Media and Entertainment Laws
- Certificate Course on FDI and FEMA
- Certificate Course in Energy Laws
Diploma Courses of IALS (Institute of Advanced Legal Studies’ Diploma in Housing Laws):
Duration = 3 months (32 units of teaching)
Housing comes 3rdin the order of priority after food and clothing. It is also an important investment. The course on Housing laws at ILS Law College Pune is very exhaustive. The curriculum is framed to teach students about the laws concerning Immovable property, Housing and Real Estate, in India. This course is beneficial to Architects, Civil Engineers, Lawyers, law students and the common man.
Eligibility for ILS Law College Pune:
- A candidate should have passed the 12th examination with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates) from a recognized board.
- A candidate should have passed LL.B./Five-Year Integrated LL.B. (Hons.)/ Any other equivalent exam from a recognized university with minimum percentage of marks 55% for unreserved (In case of SC/ST, the minimum marks would be 50%).
FOR DLL & LW:
- A candidate should be a Graduate of any faculty of any university whose degree is recognized to be equivalent to the corresponding degrees of Pune University.
- Eligibility for admission requires a candidate to be a graduate of any faculty of any University whose degree is recognized to be equivalent to the corresponding degrees of Pune University.
FOR Diploma in Housing Laws:
- A candidate should be in 4th or 5th year of B.A. LL.B., or have done Graduation from any faculty, or should be a Diploma Holder by recognized Institution.
Campus Facilities at ILS Law College Pune:
- Lush green campus surrounded by Palm trees, spread over a 154 acres in the heart of the city of Pune
- A library rated one amongst the best in India, with over 59073 books and bound volumes of periodicals along with national and international, journals and magazines
- Administrative Building : Saraswati Building
- Principal Gharpure Library
- The Teaching Complex: Laxmi Building
- Sports & Gymnasium
- Swimming Pool
- Hostel Facility (A boys’ hostel with a capacity of over 190 male students.Girls’ hostel accommodates144 lady students.)
- Enabling Disabled
- An enormous range of student clubs and societies, particularly the Mooting, Debate and Drama societies, besides the sports, trekking and other extra-curricular clubs.
Faculty and staff of ILS Law College Pune:
ILS Law College Pune has a faculty comprising of highly qualified & committed people.Most of them are PhD and LLM holders. The visiting faculty include international professorswho come from renowned international universities, thus taking the legal education at global levels. The law school focuses to provide the finest opportunities & environment for teaching, learning & research.
ILS Law College Punehas earned various rankings and awards over these 90+ years of its inception:
- It was ranked 1st amongst the Top Ten Law Colleges in the country by the India Today, ORG-MARG poll survey in 2005, and by the ‘Week’ in 2006.
- The college was awarded with ‘SILF-MILAT Institutional Excellence Award 2013′ by Society of Indian Law Firms and Menon Institute of Legal Advocacy Training, Delhi.
- The law institute was also awarded as ‘Best Private Education Institute 2012-13’ in the Law School Category by WCRC Leaders Asia.
Q-1 What are the courses offered byILS Law College Pune?
Ans. ILS Law College Puneoffers:
- L.L.& L.W. (Diploma in Labor Laws and Labor Welfare),
- T.L. (Diploma in Taxation and Laws),
- ILS-TCLE (Indian Law Society’s TOWARDS CONSCIOUS LEGAL EDUCATION) and
- Diploma Courses of IALS (Institute of Advanced Legal Studies’ Diploma in Housing Laws).
Q-2 What is the total fees of Institute of Advanced Legal Studies’ Diploma in Housing Laws at ILS Law College Pune?
Ans. Total fees of Institute of Advanced Legal Studies’ Diploma in Housing Laws is INR 35,400/- at ILS Law College Pune.
About Admission Advice:
- You can contact us for any further admission related queries.
- We provide the admission forms of all the private colleges for free.
- We also help you in getting admission to a particular college of your choice.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – email@example.com