ABOUT Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeswara Medical College:
Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeswara Medical College, Mysore (JSSMC Mysore)is one of the famous privately established Medical College in Karnataka. It is popularly known as JSS Medical College situated in Mysore Karnataka. It was founded in the year 1984. JSS Medical College is one of the best Medical College of Karnataka. JSSMC Mysore is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bangalore and approved by the Medical Council of India.
JSS Medical College is located at Sri Shivarathreeshwara Nagara, Mysuru, Karnataka, India. JSS Medical College was established in 1984 and is in the lush green campus of 43 acres. JSS Medical College was affiliated to the University of Mysore in 1995 and later to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore till 2008. JSS Medical College is now a constituent College of JSS Academy of Higher Education & Research since 2008. JSS Medical College is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the college aims at imparting excellent quality medical education that markedly improves the health sector and cater to the need of all strata of the society. .
JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research is one of the most respected institutions in the country and the world. ‘Quality’ and ‘excellence’ are key components of JSSAHAR, as evidenced by the various initiatives undertaken in national and internationally standardized initiatives over a short period of ten years. The Academy has an outstanding strategic plan, which is based on JSS Mahavidyapeeth’s legacy of success in providing high quality education in the country and combining academic excellence with commitment to innovation, quality and service.
JSS Medical College is located in Mysore city of Karnataka, India and is also known as Mysore, which is located 145.2 km southwest of Bangalore on the foothills of the Chamundi Hills. The city is the second largest city in the state of Karnataka and is known for its heritage structures and palaces. Mysore is well connected by road, rail and air network and the Medical College which is just 7.5 km away from the city.
Mysuru Railway Station is the nearest railway junction, 5 km from the college, which takes about 15 minutes to travel. Mysore has a domestic airport and is about 16 km from the college and takes a 30 minute drive. The nearest international airport is Kannur International Airport, Kannur, which is about 175 kilometers from the college and takes about 3 hours of travel.
College details of JSS Medical College Mysore:
|Name of College||Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeswara Medical College, Mysore|
|JSS Medical College Mysore, JSSMC Mysore|
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Yes(Male and Female)|
|Medical Colleges in Karnataka|
Contact Details of JSS Medical College Mysore:
Address: Sri Shivarathreeshwara Nagara, Mysore
Pin code: 570 015
Facilities & Infrastructure of JSS Medical College:
The campus has internet browsing facilities in digital libraries, conference rooms, reception hostels and other relevant locations to allow access to digitized curricula. The campus has a bank branch and an ATM that helps in needed financial transactions. Canteens and restaurants are ideally located to help students and their parents. Students and the Faculty have exclusive parking spaces for their vehicles. The campus also has 24-hour security.
JSS Medical College has separate hostels for boys and girls within the campus. It has well-equipped rooms with all modern amenities, hygienic kitchen, comfortable, nutritious meals and a portable source of drinking water. Each hostel block has a separate pantry and laundry room. Around the clock security guards for men and women with appropriate hostels and CCTV cameras are placed for continuous monitoring and vigilance for student safety.
The College has many facilities for students extracurricular like Outdoor games such as Cricket, Football, Ball Badminton, Volleyball, Basket Ball, Throw Ball, and Athletic track, and Indoor games such as Table tennis, Carom, chess, transfer Hall for badminton and recreation, multi-gym.
JSS Medical College has a museum that has a wide collection of samples that include cut-out human parts, fetuses showing different stages of development and rare congenital anomalies, embryological models and charts.
Faculty & Staff:
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
JSS Medical College was founded in 1984, and the primary health center was modernized to a 60 bedded hospital in 1986 as a requirement for teaching the hospital. It was later transformed into a 1,200 bedded hospital to meet the demand for healthcare services from those in need in Mysore. The new JSS hospital is one of the largest hospitals in India with 1,800 beds. It also has one of the largest critical care and emergency centers with 260 beds. The hospital has the most modern infrastructure and the most modern equipment.
Health Centres – Primary Health Centers and Rural/Urban Health Training Centers
- UHTC – Medar Block located 1.5 km from the college
- RHTC – Suttur located 26 km from the college
COURSES OFFERS BY JSS MEDICAL COLLEGE MYSORE:
JSS Medical College offers quality Medical Course under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its Under Graduate Medical Program (MBBS).
|MBBS||200||4 ½ Years+1 Year Internship|
The MBBS Course is a four and a half year period followed by a one year compulsory rotating residential internship Admission to the MBBS program is based on the candidate marks obtained in the NEET-UG rank held by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
JSS Medical College, Mysore annually in-take of 200 students for the MBBS Course and allotted based on 80% students under All India Quota for Management / NRI Quota and balance 20% through State Quota.
Fee Structure of JSS Medical College Mysore:
MBBS Course Fees: Government Quota- Rs. 1,11,953; Management Quota-Rs 14,71,750, NRI Quota-USD46,000
Hostel Fees: Rs. 1,71,600/-(Annualy)
Eligibility Criteria for JSS Medical College Mysore:
· The candidate should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
· Must have passed two year PUC examination of Karnataka State with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and English language.
· Any other examination recognized as equivalent by RGUHS, Karnataka, Bangalore.
· Must have secured not less than 50% marks in optional subjects and English (40% for SC/ST).
Scholarship Given By JSS Medical College Mysore:
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession.
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Karnataka State Quota Seats & Cutoff:
NEET 2019 Cutoff Details
|2020 Fees||2020 Cutoff Round 1||2019 Cutoff|
Ranking and Reputation of JSSMC Mysore:
|Name of Institute||JSS Medical College, Mysore|
- It is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Mysore.
- 4.1 out 5 rating in Karnataka.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for JSS Medical College Mysore:
- Are hostel facilities available in JSS Medical College Mysore?
- Answer: Separate hostel facilities for girls and boys is available in the campus at JSS Medical College Mysore Karnataka.
- How can one apply for hostel accommodation in JSS Medical College Mysore Karnataka?
- Answer: Form will be provided at the time of taking admission in JSS Medical College Mysore Karnataka.
- How to take admission in JSS Medical College Mysore Karnataka?
- Answer: The college take admissions on the basis of the merit score in NEET.
- What is the cut off for taking admission in JSS Medical College Mysore Karnataka?
- Answer: It keeps on changing year wise depending on the level of difficulty of the NEET exam .
- How many seats are available for UG students (MBBS) in JSS Medical College Mysore Karnataka?
- Answer: Annual Intake is of 200 UG students (MBBS) in JSS Medical College Mysore Karnataka.
- Is there any other way of taking admission in the JSS Medical College Mysore Karnataka?
- Answer: Only admission has been taken through NEET on the basis of merit.
- What is the fee of the courses offered by JSS Medical College Mysore Karnataka?
- Answer: JSS Medical College Mysore Karnataka offers MBBS Fees: Government Quota- Rs. 1,11,953; Management Quota-Rs 14,71,750, NRI Quota-USD46,000 & Hostel Fees – 1,72,000/- Per Year.
- What is the eligibility criteria for the courses offered JSS Medical College Mysore Karnataka?
- Answer: JSS Medical College Mysore Karnataka Eligibility is Candidates applying for MBBS must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English.
- The JSS Medical College Mysore is affiliated to which university?
- Answer: JSS Medical College Mysore affiliated by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bangalore.
- Where is located JSS Medical College Mysore Karnataka?
- Answer: JSS Medical College is located in Mysore city of Karnataka, India.
GLN Admission Advice can help a student in following ways:
- It is a NEET rank based admission counseling centre which provides counseling for MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS and Pharmacy.
- If you have a low rank in NEET, you don’t need to provide donation to anybody. Just contact the experts at GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. and we will help you in getting a confirmed admission.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. provides guidance and a detailed strategy from the first step of filling up of the application form till the complete admission procedure.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. helps to clear out all your doubts and confusions regarding anything about your admission.
- At GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd., our experts’ team works really hard to check the previous records of each and every college i.e. the provision of seats at that college according to previous cut-offs. Therefore, you will get to know, which college you get and exactly in which round through the highly precise prediction by our team.
- Even if you have just qualified NEET and you are not having a good score, you don’t need to worry. Just trust on us and we will help you in getting the best college possible.
- We cannot help the students who haven’t even qualified NEET.
- But if you have qualified NEET, we will provide a proper plan for locking your choice, what mistakes to avoid etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. even provides you with all the information and updates such as state wise counselling, opening and closing date of the counseling, when to submit the DD etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. has segregated sections for admission in BDS, BAMS and BHMS.
- If you want to get admission in B Pharma or D Pharma, we can help you with that too. There is no need to appear in NEET exam for these courses.
- Except the Pharmacy courses, students have to qualify NEET whether they want admission in private college or government college according to a notification generated by the Government in 2018.
- So, GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. acts as a guardian who holds the hand of every student seeking proper guidance, till they get a confirmed seat at some medical college of the country on the basis of their NEET score.
- If you are interested for admission in this college feel free to contact us by filling all the necessary details in our enquiry form on the right. Our counselor will contact you within moments.
- You can also directly click on the link https://www.admissionadvice.in/Registration to fill our enquiry form.
- NOTE: If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – admission firstname.lastname@example.org