K.C. Law College,
Kishinchand Chellaram Law College, popularly known as KC Law College, is a law institution located at Churchgate, Bombay. The institution was established in 1955 by Hyderabad National Collegiate Board. It is affiliated with the University of Mumbai. The educational institution mainly offers a 3-year degree program in Law i.e. LL.B (Bachelor of Law). K.C. Law College has a placement committee which is always active to put forward a plethora of opportunities for students. The committee strives to lay down as many possibilities as possible for the future law executives and the Internship listings are updated almost every week.Internships during the course are made available by K.C. Law College under the organizations like NGOs,Legislatures and Parliament, Market Institutions, Law Firms, Companies, Trial and Appellate Advocates, Judiciary, Legal Regulatory authority, Local Self-Governments and many other Legal Functionaries. Most of the students get placed in top law firms after passing out from K.C. Law College.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
― Nelson Mandela
K.C. Law College believes Education, especially in the legal area, is such a powerful tool that really has the potential of changing the world. Therefore, the law college impartsa sound foundation of legal knowledge and human values, so that students become successful lawyers in the true sense. Along with building the foundation, the college also inculcates a sense of professionalism among students to make them global leaders in legal practice and research. K.C. Law College teaches all aspects of practical application of the legal education.
Kishinchand Chellaram Law College, popularly knowing as K.C. Law College Mumbai was established in the year 1955. It is permanently affiliated with Mumbai University, Mumbai which is approved under Section 2 (f) and 12 (B) of the UGC Act.
K.C. Law College, Mumbai Facts in Brief:
|· Established in||1955|
|· Approved by|
|Bar Council of India (BCI)|
|· Affiliated with||University of Mumbai, Mumbai|
|· Accredited by||NAAC|
|· Genders accepted||Co-ed|
|· Aid Status||Private College|
K.C. Law College, Mumbai Contact details:
Address: 123, Dinshaw
Wachha Road, Vidyasagar
Prin. K. M. Kundnani Chowk,
Maharashtra / 400020 (India)
Course offered by K.C. Law College, Mumbai:
LL.B.(3 years) Degree Course:
Duration = three years
Intake capacity = 240
LL.B. stands for ‘Legum Baccalaureus’ which is a Latin term meaning Bachelor of Law. The program is an undergraduate degree course proved by K.C. Law College in the area of law. It imbibes candidates with the required knowledge, information, skill sets, expertise and the attitude according to the demands of current legal scenario not only in India but in the world. This also prepares students to pass the international levels of legal education while learning to deal with the complexities of National legal system.
The course at K.C. Law College consists of six semesters. On the successful completion of the 3-year course, the student is awarded LL.B degree by the University of Mumbai. There is also a unique provision i.e. LL.B (General) Degree is awarded at the end of the 2nd year if a student desires to pursue the study of law for just the sake of knowledge about how the legal system works and does not wish to practice as a lawyer. But if the students wish to pursue Law as a career, they have to complete the 3-year LL.B Course at K.C. Law College.
LL.B. curriculum is designed to impart in-depth knowledge in the subjects of legal relevance (Human Rights, IT Law, Administrative Law, RTI, etc.) after learning about which from a reputed institute like K.C. Law College , a student can specialize while doing his/her post-graduation in law (LLM (Specialization) in Criminal Justice, Labour Law, Human Rights, Forensics, etc.) and/or opt for becoming Legal Advisor, Oath commissioner, Public Prosecutor, Legal Advisor, Legal Expert, Law Reporter, Magistrate, District & Sessions judge, Lecturer, Munsifs (Sub-Magistrate), Trustee, Solicitor, Attorney General, Advocate, Notary etc.
These many of legal career options have been discovered due to the complexities of our National legal system. As legalities are involved in every sphere of life nowadays, students holding law degree from K.C. Law College have ample employment opportunities in Private as well as in Public Sector.
Admission criteria and eligibility for K.C. Law College, Mumbai:
- A candidate should have passed the Graduation Examination of the Mumbai University, in any field with minimum 45% marks or a corresponding degree examination of any other University recognized as equivalent thereto by Mumbai University with the minimum prescribed marks.
- A candidate should also have passed the MH-CET examination.
- All admissions will be taken according to the merit list and schedule as per the MH-CET website – cetcell.mahacet.org
Campus Facilities at K.C. Law College, Mumbai:
- All classrooms are AV classrooms with smart boards to make a high impact on learning
- Moot Court Room, simulating the court room experience
- Computer Lab to put internet to students’ advantage
- Alumni Association Room so that the C. Law College can make an impact in students even after they leave the college
- Two canteens namely “Butterfly” and “Kool Cafeteria” in the compound which offer fresh,hygienic and homely meals and snacks
- Indoor Games and Sports facilities
- Scholarships and awards
- Moot Court Competition
- Legal Aid and paralegal services
- Lex Concilio – A MODEL PARLIAMENTARY DEBATE COMPETITION
- Legis Centrum – National Level law Fest
- Conferences & Workshops
- Visits to State Legislature etc. to get students in touch of experiential learning
- Alumni Get together
- Annual Day Celebration
- College Magazine & Journal
- Educational Tours
- Guest Lectures
Faculty and staff of K.C. Law College, Mumbai:
The objective of Teaching and non-teaching staff of K.C. Law College is to inculcate in the students the ethical values and provide them with theoretical and practical knowledge as tools for their holistic learning. The highly qualified, talented and expert faculties of K.C. Law College inspires future legal professionals to become innovative, sincere and dedicated leaders the world needs.
K.C. Law College is headed by Principal Dr. Kavita Lalchandani (Qualifications = B.Sc., LL.M., NET, Ph.D.) having a teaching experience of more than 20 years in the subjects like Family Laws, Human Rights, Law relating to Women and Children and Labour Laws and five years of Advocacy practice. She has also won many awards. Presence of mentors like her has created a global learning atmosphere which gives students an opportunity to develop their overall personality as they can have an easy exposure to international level of knowledge and experience of their teachers.
The following rankings and recognitions make K.C. Law College one of the most preferred choices of students and one of the best law colleges in Maharashtra:
- It was ranked as one of the Top Law Institutes in India by the Chronicle Magazine survey 2019 (April 2019 issue).
- The law college was ranked 4th in the Maharashtra State and 10th in National Level Colleges of Outstanding Excellence by Competition Success Review in 2018.
- The college was ranked 10th amongst the top private law colleges in India by THE WEEK in the year 2016.
- C. Law Collegewas also featured among the Top Five Institutes in India in Admission Process and in ROI.
Q-1 Does K.C. Law College, Mumbai offers B.A.LL.B program?
Ans. No, there is no provision of B.A.LL.B. Or any 5-year integrated degree programs at K.C. Law College.
The college provides only 3 Years LL.B. Course (After Graduation). And LL.B (General) Degree is awarded at the end of the 2nd year if a student desires to pursue the study of law for just the sake of knowledge only.
Q-2 What is the website link of MH-CET?
Ans. MH-CET website link – www.cetcell.mahacet.org
Q-3 What are the awards and scholarships provided at K.C. Law College?
Ans. K.C. Law Collegeoffers the following awards and scholarships to its talented students:
- (Miss) Yougindra Khushlani cash prize
- Nanabhai Sahil cash prize
- Scholarship to Backward Class Students
- Freeship to Backward Class Students
- Scholarship to Children of Primary and Secondary School Teachers
- Post Matric Scholarship for minority students i.e. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Parsis
- Financial assistance to needy students by University
- Medals for securing highest marks in any LL.B. subject at the University examination
- Financial assistance to needy students by HSNC Board
- 1st Year LL. B best student award
- 2nd Year LL. B best student award
- 3rd Year LL. B best student award
About Admission Advice:
- You can contact us for any further admission related queries.
- We provide the admission forms of all the private colleges for free.
- We also help you in getting admission to a particular college of your choice.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – email@example.com