Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences, Mangalore, Karnataka
Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore is one of best Private Medical College in Karnataka. It was founded in the Year 2015. It is popularly known as Kanachur Medical College situated in Mangalore, Karnataka. KIMS Mangalore is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bangalore and approved by the Medical Council of India.
Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences(KIMS) providing high quality Medical Education and Health Care Services of truly global standards. KIMS Mangalore focuses on delivering high quality, holistic medical education encouraging innovative thoughts towards Research & Development. We provide the conducive learning atmosphere and training facilities to our students. When it comes to learning and research under the table guidance of experienced and dedicated faculty, outstanding clinical facilities, and a world-class environment to impart Medical Education.
Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences(KIMS) will promote and preserve the higher values and ethics in Medical education, health care and research and will pursue excellence in all these areas while consciously meeting the expectations of the people it serves without prejudice and in all fairness to stay socially meaningful in its propagation of the various arts and sciences to serve humanity at large.
Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) was started the Year of 2015 and is one of the leading medical institutions in the region, providing high-quality medical education and real-world health services. Extensive general and advanced medical services are provided here, including super specialties services.
KIMS stands out notably as an architectural beauty, with its massive structure and aesthetic vision that leaves everyone captivated. Strategically located away from the hustle and bustle of city traffic, the ambient atmosphere provides an ideal learning environment for students coming from all over the world. Its cutting-edge infrastructure backed by a well-qualified faculty and a highly sophisticated team is a testament to its uniqueness.
Kanachur Hospital & Research Center is owned by Kanachur Islamic Education Trust at Mangalore. It has a 410 bedded multi-specialty teaching hospital which provides 24 * 7 services. 1334 outpatients come out to this hospital. In the event of assessment report, this hospital doing 11 major surgical operations and 11 minor surgical operations.
Departments like Emergency, Critical Care unit, Blood Bank, Pharmacy, Central Diagnostic Lab and Ambulance Services works to attend promptly according to the requirements of the patient’s situation. Such Radiological departments like X-ray, Ultra sonography, Barium, IVP and Ct scan are available in this hospital. 7 clinical Laboratories and Medical record section is there. This Medical record section is fully computerized.
Health Centers – Primary Health Centers and Rural/Urban Health Training Centers
- RHTC – Kotekar located 6.5 kms from the college
- UHTC – Bikarnakatte located 14 kms from the college
How to Reach
Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences is situated in Mangalore & just 18 km away from the city. Mangalore is one of the main city in Karnataka State and well connected Road, Rail and Air Network. Mangalore railway station is the nearest railway Junction at a distance of 12 km. Mangalore Airport Domestic as well as International and situated 24 km away from the college.
College Summary of KIMS Mangalor
|Name of College||Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore|
|Popular Name||KIMS Mangalore, Kanachur Medical college|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India and INC|
|Category||Private Medical College in Karnataka|
|Tuition Fees:||CategaryA (Government)-Rs.1,12,000/- |
CategaryB (Mangement) -Rs 7,85,625/-
CategeryC (NRI) – Rs 30,00,000/-
|Hostel Fees:||Rs 1,75,000/-|
|Karnataka State Ranking:||49|
|Recognition and Listing:||World Health Organization(WHO)|
|Affiliated Hospital:||Kanachur Hospital & Research Centre|
|Beds Available :||410|
|Other Names:||KAMC, Kanachur Medical College, KIMS Mangalore, KIMSRC.|
|Address:||Mangalore University Road, Natekal Karnataka, India|
Contact Details of Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore
Campus Infrastructure of KIMS Mangalore
Lecture Halls and Examination Halls: There are 2 Examination halls are available with 250 capacity of each. It is built up with 250 sq.m. This examination hall has such facilities like CCTV Camera, CPU with Internet facility
Library: Kanachur Medical College Mangalore Library was built up with 2400 sq.m. Kanachur Medical College Library is fully Air conditioned. KAMC Library totally has 6100 books with 1800 subtitles. It has 28 Indian journals and 12 foreign journals.
Auditorium: Auditorium is fully equipped with modern facilities and audio visual facilities and a massive seating capacity. It is connected with projectors, effective and modern light sound system and attached with air cooler.
Hostel: Boys and Girls have separate hostel facilities within the campus. The rooms are well furnished with attached toilets and has a hygienic Mess facility round the clock. Hostels are available with a choice of individual and shared rooms. Clean and Air conditioned rooms offer beds, wardrobes, study tables and chairs. There is 154 rooms available for UG students, 48 rooms for Resident, 60 rooms for Nurses each of these sharing up to 5 persons.
Recreation Facilities: Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences have a good recreational facilities with Television, Music, Indoor and Outdoor games. It has a well equipped playground and Kit materials for indoor and Outdoor games. There is Cricket, Basketball, Football and Khabadi are available. Gymnasium is also available with excellent instruments in this college.
Common Room and Cafeteria: Common room for boys and girls with attached toilet are available in this college. It is spread over 150 sq.m. per each. Cafeteria is available with tasty food. This canteen provides hygienic multi cuisine tasty food throughout the day.
Faculty & Staff of KIMS Mangalore karnataka: The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
Course Offered by KIMS Mangalore Karnataka
The College offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its Under Graduate Medical Programs (MBBS).
|MBBS||150||4 ½ Years +1 Year Internship|
The MBBS course is a four and a half year period followed by a one year compulsory rotating residential internship.
The lasting 12-month internship
Age Criteria & Eligibility Criteria for KIMS Mangalore
17 years of age or above as on 31-Dec of the admission year. The maximum age limit to Study MBBS course is 25 years. All Higher Secondary School Students with 10+2 in science stream including biology or biotechnology along with Physics and Chemistry with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible(In case of SC/ST, 40% in board exams; 45% for OBC Category)
Fee Structure of KIMS Mangalore Karnataka
|Annual Fee||Govt. quota seat||Pvt. quota seat||NRI quota seat||Other quota seats|
|Hostel & Mess||1,75,000/-||1,75,000/-||1,75,000/-||1,75,000/-|
Scholarship given by KIMS Mangalore Karnataka
The scholarships recognize merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession.
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Government.
- Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Cutoff of KIMS Mangalore Karnataka
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET Cut off 2018
|Category||NEET Qualification Percentile||NEET Qualifying Score (out of 720)||Qualified Candidates|
(By Obtaining NEET Cut off)
KIMS Mangalore Cutoff (2018)
|S. No.||Category||Cut Off Rank||Allotted Seats|
Karnataka State Quota(SQ) Seats
Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore annually in-take of 150 students for the MBBS Course and allotted based on 120(80%) students under State Government Quota 8 (5%) students by Management and balance 22(15%) students from NRI Quota.
NEET 2018 Management/ NRI Quota (AIR)for Kanachur Medical College Mangalore:
Ranking and Reputation of KIMS Mangalore Karnataka
|Name of Institute||KIMS Mangalore|
- It is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Mangalore.
- To give 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Question1. Are hostel facilities available in Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: Separate hostel facilities for girls and boys is available in the campus at Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore Karnataka.
- Question2. How can one apply for hostel accommodation in Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: Form will be provided at the time of taking admission in Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore Karnataka.
- Question3. How to take admission in Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: The college take admissions on the basis of the merit score in NEET.
- Question4. What is the cut off for taking admission in Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: It keeps on changing year wise depending on the level of difficulty of the NEET exam .
- Question5. How many seats are available for UG students (MBBS) in JSS Medical College Mysore Karnataka?
- Answer: Annual Intake is of 150 UG students (MBBS) in Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore Karnataka.
- Question6. Is there any other way of taking admission in the Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: Only admission has been taken through NEET on the basis of merit.
- Question7. What is the fee of the courses offered by Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore Karnataka offers MBBS Fees: Government Quota- Rs. 1,11,953; Management Quota-Rs 7,85,750, NRI Quota- Rs. 30,00,000 & Hostel Fees & Mess Charge – 1,75,000/- Rs. Per Year.
- Question8. What is the eligibility criteria for the courses offered Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore Karnataka Eligibility is Candidates applying for MBBS must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English.
- Question9. The Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore Karnataka is affiliated to which university?
- Answer: Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore affiliated by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bangalore.
- Question10. Where is located Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences Mangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences is located in Mangalore University Road, Natekal, city Mangalore, State Karnataka, India.
Find links to other important aspects related to NEET Counselling 2020 here:
GLN Admission Advice can help a student in following ways:
- It is a NEET rank based admission counseling centre which provides counseling for MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS and Pharmacy.
- If you have a low rank in NEET, you don’t need to provide donation to anybody. Just contact the experts at GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. and we will help you in getting a confirmed admission.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. provides guidance and a detailed strategy from the first step of filling up of the application form till the complete admission procedure.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. helps to clear out all your doubts and confusions regarding anything about your admission.
- At GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd., our experts’ team works really hard to check the previous records of each and every college i.e. the provision of seats at that college according to previous cut-offs. Therefore, you will get to know, which college you get and exactly in which round through the highly precise prediction by our team.
- Even if you have just qualified NEET and you are not having a good score, you don’t need to worry. Just trust on us and we will help you in getting the best college possible.
- We cannot help the students who haven’t even qualified NEET.
- But if you have qualified NEET, we will provide a proper plan for locking your choice, what mistakes to avoid etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. even provides you with all the information and updates such as state wise counselling, opening and closing date of the counseling, when to submit the DD etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. has segregated sections for admission in BDS, BAMS and BHMS.
- If you want to get admission in B Pharma or D Pharma, we can help you with that too. There is no need to appear in NEET exam for these courses.
- Except the Pharmacy courses, students have to qualify NEET whether they want admission in private college or government college according to a notification generated by the Government in 2018.
- So, GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. acts as a guardian who holds the hand of every student seeking proper guidance, till they get a confirmed seat at some medical college of the country on the basis of their NEET score.
- If you are interested for admission in this college feel free to contact us by filling all the necessary details in our enquiry form on the right. Our counselor will contact you within moments.
- You can also directly click on the link https://www.admissionadvice.in/Registration to fill our enquiry form.
- NOTE: If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
- Email id – admission [email protected]