About Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi
Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi is one of the oldest Government Medical colleges in Karnataka run by the State Government of Karnataka located in the Hubballi state of Karnataka. Karnataka Medical College Hubballi was established in the Year 1957. The College is popularly known as KIMS Hubballi. KIMS Hubballi Affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and approved by the Medical Council Of India. Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi is well-equipped with the latest infrastructure, technology-enabled classrooms, and advanced laboratories, and continually focuses on teaching, clinical practice, and research. Excellent hostel facilities with well-furnished rooms, with separate boys and girls hostel(UG and PG) blocks, are available on the campus. In tune with the changing times, KIMS aims to help students excel in the various fields of study of their choice. Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubballi was founded in 1957. Previously, it was the Karnataka Medical College, Hubballi and the current Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi. Not only does it provide tertiary health services to those in need, but it also plays an important role in serving the community at large, by developing resources based on healthcare providers and researchers. KIMS provides quality Medical, Paramedical, Nursing and Allied Health Education with the best and most compassionate hospitality services, while also conducting health research for the betterment of humanity with the absolute values of this company. Moreover, KIMS try to develop a well-rounded specialist and focus on creating physicians with a strong,
In the field of education, KIMS is looking at engaging the students in overall development processes. KIMS designed a co-curricular and extracurricular activities for the students to be involved. Karnataka institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi offers Degrees in MBBS, MD & MS in all specialties, DM & MCH in the super specialties, PG Diploma & Ph.D Courses as well as Bachelors (BPT), Masters (MPT). At KIMS, we strive to nurture a well-rounded professional. Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre is situated Hubballi city in Karnataka State. Hubballi city is forms a continuous urban area with the city of Dharwad and also its one of the commercial hubs of this state. The city has Major Road Networks which connect with major cities in the region, neighboring states, and other popular destinations. KIMS College located 2km from the city center and has a frequent transportation facilities available to reach the college around a clock. Hubballi currently has 4 Railway stations and the Hubballi Junction is the main railway station connecting with major towns across the country which is located from the college at a distance of 3KM.Hubballi has a International Airport and its well connected with other region of Domestic as well as International. Also its 3rd busiest Airport in Karnataka state, which is located from the college at a distance of 7km with travel time of 15min.
College Summary of Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi:
|Other Names||Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, KIMS Hubballi, Hubballi Medical College, Govt. Medical College Hubballi,|
|Total MBBS Seats||200 (Permitted for renewal of permission for increase of seats from 150 to 200 for 2019-20)|
|Tuition Fees||Rs. 64040/-|
|Hostel Fees||Rs. 4000/-|
|Reallocation Fees||Rs. 6400/-|
|Affiliated with||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka|
|All India Ranking||95|
|Karnataka State Ranking:||05|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India(MCI), World Health Organization(WHO)|
|Affiliated Hospital:||Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hospital Hubballi|
|Total Beds Available||1070|
|Post Graduate Courses||20|
|Super Specialty Courses||01|
Contact Details of Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences
Address: P. B Road, Vidyanagar, Hubli, Karnataka
Pin code: 580022Phone: 0836-2374624, 2373348
Courses Offered by Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi
KIMS Hubballi Medical College Courses offered along with the Intake and Course Duration.
|B. Sc. (Nursing)||100||4 Years|
|PG Diploma||48||2 Years|
|Diploma in Venereal Diseases||27||3 Years|
The MBBS Course is a four and a half year period followed by a one year compulsory rotating residential internship. Admission to the MBBS program is based on the candidate marks obtained in the NEET-UG rank held by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre Hubballi offers MBBS -Under Graduate Course with a total intake of 200 Seats annually and the seats are allotted through 15% for All India Quota & 85% for Karnataka State Government Quota.
Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi:
· The candidate should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
· Must have passed two year PUC examination of Karnataka State with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and English language.
· Any other examination recognized as equivalent by RGUHS, Karnataka, Bangalore.
· Must have secured not less than 50% marks in optional subjects and English (40% for SC/ST).
NEET 2018 All Indian Quota Rank for Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi:
Karnataka State Quota Seats & Cutoff
Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi has total of 85% MBBS Seats available under Karnataka State Quota which are reserved under the categories with Seat Matrix(2018): 1G -04, 1R – 01, 2AG – 18, 2AK – 01, 2AR – 03, 2BG – 05, 2BR – 01, 3AG – 04, 3AK – 01, 3AR – 01, 3BG -06, 3BK – 01, 3BR – 01, GM – 58, GMK -04, GMR – 11, SCG – 17, SCR -04, SCK – 01, STG – 03, STR -01, 2AH – 02, 2ARH – 01, 3AH – 01, 3BH – 01, GMH – 05, GMRH – 01, SCH – 02. This college seats are allocated to some special Categories. These are JK -01, PH – 09.
Infrastructure of Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi
KIMS Central Library is spread over the area of 3200 sq.m. Stack room and reading rooms are available in the Library separately. There is more than 29263 number of textbooks and reference books are available and also has 39 Indian journals 24 foreign journals.
Examination and Lecture halls
KIMS has 3 Examination Halls with 250 seating capacity. This examination hall is occupy the area of 250 sq.m. 6 Lecture Theatres are available in this college. In this, 5 theaters are in Medical College that having a seating capacity of 250 students each.
KIMS Hostel is situated within the campus. It has a separate hostel for Girls and Boys. There are 2 hostel for Girls which has the capacity for 387 Girls, 2 hostels for interns that has the capacity for 100 persons each. Anti-Ragging committee is available in this hostel.
KIMS Hubballi having good recreational facilities with Television & Free Internet facility with Wi-Fi access, Music, Newspaper facility and Gymnasium for students. Gymnasium availability with well-equipped instruments and best trainers.
Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences having common room for Boys and Girls with attached Toilet facilities. These rooms are built within the area of 60 sq.m per each.
Affiliated Hospitals of Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi
KIMS Hospital has totally 960 beds. Medical record section is fully Computerized. Central clinical Laboratories has some separate sections for Pathology, Hematology, Microbiology and Biochemistry. 16 Major operation theatres and 7 Minor operation theatres are available in this hospital.
Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi has the bed strength of 960 numbers. Pre-operative rooms with 38 beds and Post-operative recovery rooms with 59 beds are available in the hospital. Intensive care department has 30 beds for patients. Labor room has occupied with 22 beds. Central Casualty services has occupied 30 beds.
Departments of Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi
KIMS Hospital having some clinical departments like General Medicine, General Surgery, Dermatology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, ENT, Pediatrics, TB & Respiratory Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology. Some other departments such as Central sterilization department, Blood bank, pharmacy are also available in the hospital. This hospital has some non clinical facilities like Intercom, Central Laundry, Kitchen, Canteen, Bio medical waste management, and Central research laboratory. Such radiological facilities are also available in the hospital like X-ray, Ultrasonography, Barium, IVP, and CT scan etc. Health Centers – Primary Health Centers and Rural/Urban Health Training Centers
- RHTC – Mishrikoti located 15 kms from the college
- UHTC – Old Hubli located 4 kms from the college
Fee Structure of Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi:
- 2,800/- Per Month
Scholarship given by Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi:
The scholarships recognize the merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Ranking and Reputation of Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi:
|Name of Institute||Karnataka Medical College Hubballi|
- It is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Hubballi.
- We would like to give out 4.1 out of 5 stars Best Medical Colleges in Karnataka.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Ques1. Are hostel facilities available in Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi Karnataka?
Answer: Separate hostel facilities for girls and boys is available in the campus at Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi Karnataka.
Ques2. How can one apply for hostel accommodation in Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi Karnataka?
Answer: Form will be provided at the time of taking admission in Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi Karnataka.
Ques3. How to take admission in Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubbali Karnataka?
Answer: The college take admissions on the basis of the merit score in NEET.
Ques4. What is the cut off for taking admission in Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi Karnataka?
Answer: It keeps on changing year wise depending on the level of difficulty of the NEET exam.
Ques5. How many seats are available for UG students (MBBS) in Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi Karnataka?
Answer: Annual Intake is of 150 UG students (MBBS) in Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi Karnataka.
Ques 6. Is there any other way of taking admission in the Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi Karnataka?
Answer: Only admission has been taken through NEET on the basis of merit.
Ques7. What is the fee of the courses offered by Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubbali Karnataka?
Answer: Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi Karnataka offers MBBS Fees: 64,400/- & Hostel Fees – 4000/- Rs. Per Month.
Ques8. What is the eligibility criteria for the courses offered at Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi Karnataka?
Answer: Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi Karnataka Eligibility is Candidates applying for MBBS must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English.
Ques9. The Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi Karnataka is affiliated to which university?
Answer: Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi affiliated by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bangalore.
Ques10.Where is located Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubballi Karnataka?
Answer: Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences is located at B Road, Vidyanagar, Hubballi, Karnataka, India.
GLN Admission Advice can help a student in following ways:
- It is a NEET rank based admission counseling centre which provides counseling for MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS and Pharmacy.
- If you have a low rank in NEET, you don’t need to provide donation to anybody. Just contact the experts at GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. and we will help you in getting a confirmed admission.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. provides guidance and a detailed strategy from the first step of filling up of the application form till the complete admission procedure.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. helps to clear out all your doubts and confusions regarding anything about your admission.
- At GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd., our experts’ team works really hard to check the previous records of each and every college i.e. the provision of seats at that college according to previous cut-offs. Therefore, you will get to know, which college you get and exactly in which round through the highly precise prediction by our team.
- Even if you have just qualified NEET and you are not having a good score, you don’t need to worry. Just trust on us and we will help you in getting the best college possible.
- We cannot help the students who haven’t even qualified for NEET.
- But if you have qualified NEET, we will provide a proper plan for locking your choice, what mistakes to avoid etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. even provides you with all the information and updates such as state-wise counseling, opening and closing date of the counseling, when to submit the DD etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. has segregated sections for admission in BDS, BAMS and BHMS.
- If you want to get admission in B Pharma or D Pharma, we can help you with that too. There is no need to appear in NEET exam for these courses.
- Except the Pharmacy courses, students have to qualify NEET whether they want admission in private college or government college according to a notification generated by the Government in 2018.
- So, GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. acts as a guardian who holds the hand of every student seeking proper guidance, till they get a confirmed seat at some medical college of the country on the basis of their NEET score.
- If you are interested for admission in this college feel free to contact us by filling all the necessary details in our enquiry form on the right. Our counselor will contact you within moments.
- You can also directly click on the link https://www.admissionadvice.in/Registration to fill our enquiry form.
- NOTE: If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – admission email@example.com