About KASTURBA MEDICAL COLLEGE MANGALORE KARNATAKA
Kasturba Medical College in Mangalore was established in 1955. It became an independent unit in 1977. The college is apporved by the Medical Council of India. It is also recognized by the General Medical Council of Great Britain & Malaysian Medical Council.
Kasturba Medical College Mangalore was established in 1955 as a part of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education along with other two Hospitals Government Wenlock Hospital & Government Lady Goschen Hospital. The college offers admission to MBBS programs based on NEET(UG) scores and to M.S and M.D programs based on NEET(PG) scores. The college provides a degree in Medicine. It has undergraduate, postgraduate, and a fellowship program.
Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Mangalore is a constituent part of Manipal University. It was soon recognized by The General Medical Council of Great Britain, The Malaysian Medical Council & The Australian Medical Council. It also received full Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs accreditation in Dec 2011a first in India.
Kasturba Medical College is the first self financing Medical College in India and it was also the first Institution of India who has followed the Public Private Partnership. Students from 44 countries have graduated from KMC, & Medical Degree (MBBS) is recognized worldwide, including by the General Medical Council, ECFMG, Australian Medical Council & Malaysian Medical Council among several others.
Kasturba Medical college started with the Pre-clinical section at Manipal and the students had to go to Mangalore for their clinical training. Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore. Kasturba Medical College (KMC) offer various courses for students such as MBBS, MD, M. Phil., Ph.D., M.Ch., PG Medical Diploma.
College Summary Kasturba Medical College Mangalore:
|Recognitions||UGC, General Medical Council Great Britain, Malaysian Medical Council|
|Approvals||Medical Council of India [MCI]|
|Campus Area||30.78 Acres|
|Name of Institute||Kasturba Medical College Mangalore|
|Popular Name||KMC Mangalore, KMC Mangalore|
|Year of Establishment||1955|
|Affiliated to||Manipal Academy of Higher Education (Deemed University), Manipal|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India|
|Courses offered||MBBS,MD/MS & Diploma|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes(Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical College in Karnataka|
Contact Details of Kasturba Medical College Mangalore
Address: Light House Hill Road, Hampankatta, Mangalore
State: Karnataka, India
Pin code: 575001
- Anti Ragging
- Counseling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
Courses Offered by Kasturba Medical College Mangalore
Courses & Fees Offered by Kasturba Medical College offers 70 courses in 3 streams and 24 specializations
UG Course MBBS Intake 250 Seats
|MBBS||4.5 Years+1 Year Internship|
|MD General Medicine||22||3 Years|
|MD Pathology||13||3 Years|
|MD Pediatrics||11||3 Years|
|MD Anesthesiology||10||3 Years|
|MS General Surgery||10||3 Years|
|MS Obstetrics and Gynecology||10||3 Years|
|MD Microbiology||8||3 Years|
|MD Biochemistry||6||3 Years|
|MS Orthopedics||6||3 Years|
|MD Physiology||5||3 Years|
|MS Ophthalmology||5||3 Years|
|MD Radio diagnosis||4||3 Years|
|MS Anatomy||4||3 Years|
|MS ENT||4||3 Years|
|MD Pharmacology||3||3 Years|
|MD Dermatology Venereology and Leprosy||1||3 Years|
|Pediatrics (For Diploma Holders)||2 years|
|Radio diagnosis (For Diploma Holders)||2 years|
|Pathology (For Diploma Holders)||2 years|
|Anesthesiology (For Diploma Holders)||2 years|
|(V&L/ General Medicine) (For Diploma Holders)||2 years|
|Orthopedics (For Diploma holders)||2 years|
|(General Surgery, OBG, Ophthalmology, Oto-Rhino-Laryngological)(For Diploma Holders)||2 years|
Age Criteria of Kasturba Medical College Mangalore
Candidates should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission & will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
Eligibility Criteria of Kasturba Medical College Mangalore
· Must have passed two year PUC examination of Karnataka State with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and English language.
· Any other examination recognized as equivalent by RGUHS, Karnataka, Bangalore.
· Must have secured not less than 50% marks in optional subjects and English (40% for SC/ST).
Fee Structure of Kasturba Medical College Mangalore
UG Course (MBBS)
|MBBS||Fee per annum|
|NRI Seats||51,200/- US $|
|Particulars||Fees per annum|
|Hostel & Mess Charges||INR 1,49,400/-|
Department of Kasturba Medical College Mangalore
- Department of Anesthesiology
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Audiology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Cardiology
- Department of Community Medicine
- Department of Dermatology
- Department of Forensic Medicine
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Neurosurgery
- Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Department of Orthopedics
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Radiotherapy & Oncology
- Kasturba Medical College Hospital, Mangalore
- Winlock District Hospital, Mangalore
- Government Lady Goshen Hospital, Mangalore
Facilities of Kasturba Medical College Mangalore
|Campus||The Medical Simulation Centre at KMC is a state-of-the-art training and research facility. It is equipped with manikins and medical equipment, the centre enables students gain the experience and insights that are best learned in realistic conditions.|
|Laboratories||KMC has well-equipped Clinical Microbiology, Clinical Biochemistry and Pathology Laboratories. The National AIDS Control Organization has recognized the Microbiology Laboratory as State Reference Laboratory for HIV testing.|
|Library||The Central Library of Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore is fully equipped and air conditioned. It has over 36,000 textbooks. The services of the library include Internet and e-learning, Audio-visual services, Computer based work, Reprographic service, Book bank facility, Bibliographic service, Online access to journals and Medline service.|
KMC, Mangalore Application Process 2020:
Kasturba Medical College conducts its application process through online mode. However, the candidates planning to take admission to MBBS/ MD/ MS/ M.Sc. and must register online for NEET exams on the respective official websites.
Candidates seeking admission in Kasturba Medical College must follow the given steps to apply:
Kasturba Medical College NEET MBBS Cut Off Marks
|Name of the category||Percentile required for NEET 2020 Expected cut off||Kasturba Medical College NEET MBBS Cut Off Marks (Expected)|
|Candidates of Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe||40%||468-352|
|Candidates of General||50%||685-468|
|Other Backward Classes candidates||40%||468-465|
|Candidates who have the Locomotor disability from General||45%||466-214|
|Candidates who have Locomotor disability Under the SC/ST/OBC||40%||209-130|
KMC Mangalore NEET Cut Off
Here we have compiled the NEET Cut off List of the previous year for the reference process of candidates, so go through it and know about the pattern of the Cut off list 2017
|Name of the Category||NEET Cut off marks 2017||Total candidates who qualified the NEET examination of 2017|
|Scheduled Caste candidates|
|Scheduled Tribe candidates|
|UR- Physically handicapped candidates||118||430|
|Other Backward Classes candidates||107||230|
|Other Backward Classes candidates who are Physically Handicapped||107||10|
|Scheduled Caste candidates who are Physically handicapped||107||75|
|Scheduled Tribe candidates who are Physically handicapped||107||23|
|2020 Fees||2020 Cutoff Round 1||2019 Cutoff|
Kasturba Medical College Scholarships:
The college provides financial support to meritorious students. The KMC scholarship includes free ships and concessions. The free ship is offered to MBBS students who secure ranks up to 2000 in NEET exams. For students securing ranks between 2001 to 5000, Merit-cum-Means scholarship is provided. It will be based on the income of the parents as mentioned below. MBBS program based on the NEET score will also be provided scholarships based on the same criteria.
|Annual Income||Scholarship (%)|
|Up to INR 3Lakhs||100|
|Rs. 3 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs||90|
|Rs. 5 Lakhs to 7.5 Lakhs||75|
|Rs. 7.5 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs||50|
|Rs. 10 Lakhs to 12.5 Lakhs||25|
|Rs. 12.5 Lakhs||10|
It also provides scholarships to students whose mother tongue is Konkani. The students to submit the language proof certificate to avail of this.
Ranking and Reputation of Kasturba Medical College Mangalore Karnataka:
|Name of Institute||KMC Mangalore|
It is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Mangalore.
To give out 4.1 out of 5 stars Best Medical Colleges in Karnataka.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) for Kasturba Medical College Mangalore Karnataka:
- Are hostel facilities available in Kasturba Medical College Mangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: Separate hostel facilities for girls and boys is available in the campus at Kasturba Medical College Hospital, Mangalore Karnataka.
- How can one apply for hostel accommodation in Kasturba Medical College Mangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: Form will be provided at the time of taking admission in Kasturba Medical College Hospital, Mangalore.
- How to take admission in Kasturba Medical College Mangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: The college take admissions on the basis of the merit score in NEET.
- What is the cut off for taking admission in Kasturba Medical College Mangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: It keeps on changing year wise depending on the level of difficulty of the NEET exam .
- How many seats are available for UG students (MBBS) in Kasturba Medical College Mangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: Annual Intake is of 250 UG students (MBBS) in Kasturba Medical College Hospital, Mangalore Karnataka.
- Is there any other way of taking admission in the Kasturba Medical College Mangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: Only admission has been taken through NEET on the basis of merit.
- What is the fee of the courses offered by Kasturba Medical College Mangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: Kasturba Medical College Hospital, Mangalore Karnataka offers MBBS Fees: Rs. 13,10,000/- & Hostel Fees – 1,50,000/- Rs. Per Year.
- What is the eligibility criteria for the courses offered Kasturba Medical College Mangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: Kasturba Medical College Hospital, Mangalore Karnataka Eligibility is Candidates applying for MBBS must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English.
- The Kasturba Medical College Mangalore Karnataka is affiliated to which university?
- Answer: Kasturba Medical College Hospital, Mangalore affiliated by Manipal University.
- Question10. Where is located Kasturba Medical College Mangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: Kasturba Medical College Hospital, Mangalore is located , Light House Hill Road, Hampankatta, Mangalore
GLN Admission Advice can help a student in following ways:
- It is a NEET rank based admission counseling centre which provides counseling for MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS and Pharmacy.
- If you have a low rank in NEET, you don’t need to provide donation to anybody. Just contact the experts at GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. and we will help you in getting a confirmed admission.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. provides guidance and a detailed strategy from the first step of filling up of the application form till the complete admission procedure.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. helps to clear out all your doubts and confusions regarding anything about your admission.
- At GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd., our experts’ team works really hard to check the previous records of each and every college i.e. the provision of seats at that college according to previous cut-offs. Therefore, you will get to know, which college you get and exactly in which round through the highly precise prediction by our team.
- Even if you have just qualified NEET and you are not having a good score, you don’t need to worry. Just trust on us and we will help you in getting the best college possible.
- We cannot help the students who haven’t even qualified NEET.
- But if you have qualified NEET, we will provide a proper plan for locking your choice, what mistakes to avoid etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. even provides you with all the information and updates such as state wise counselling, opening and closing date of the counseling, when to submit the DD etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. has segregated sections for admission in BDS, BAMS and BHMS.
- If you want to get admission in B Pharma or D Pharma, we can help you with that too. There is no need to appear in NEET exam for these courses.
- Except the Pharmacy courses, students have to qualify NEET whether they want admission in private college or government college according to a notification generated by the Government in 2018.
- So, GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. acts as a guardian who holds the hand of every student seeking proper guidance, till they get a confirmed seat at some medical college of the country on the basis of their NEET score.
- If you are interested for admission in this college feel free to contact us by filling all the necessary details in our enquiry form on the right. Our counselor will contact you within moments.
- You can also directly click on the link https://www.admissionadvice.in/Registration to fill our enquiry form.
- NOTE: If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – admission [email protected]