KEMPEGOWDA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, BANGALORE
About Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore:
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore was established in the Year of 1980 by the Vokkaligara Sangh. Kempegowda considered among the best medical institutes in Karnataka and is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka.
The Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences campus area is 14 acres. The campus at VV Puram has hospital and clinical departments and the Banashankari campus has pre-clinical and para-clinical departments. Transport facility is provided to the students. The institute has a huge college campus which is surrounded by greenery all around that make the environment conducive for education by offering a soothing and peaceful environment to the students. KIMS campus infrastructure is top-notch.
KIMS is recognized by the Medical Council of India for running of MBBS Course since 1980 and also running Post-graduate degree/diploma courses since 1991 and these courses are also recognized by Government of India.
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences is also recognized by
- General Medical Council, United Kingdom
- World Health Organization.
- The Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists, London.
|The KIMS Hospital was strated in the Year 1990 and is located in the heart of Bangalore city and in close proximity to the City Market. It is a multi-specialty hospital having 810 beds and offering services ranging from Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Dermatology, ENT, Ophthalmology, Preventive Medicine, Forensic Post-mortem facility and Pathology, Microbiology, Biochemistry investigational facilities. It fulfills the requirements of the Medical Council of India with respect to MBBS and Postgraduate courses.|
College Summary of Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore:
|Name of College||Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore|
|Popular Name||KIMS Bangalore|
|Affiliated with||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India (MCI)|
|Category||Medical College in Karnataka|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- Approved by: the Medical Council Of India.
- Aid Status: Private
Contact Details of Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore:
COURSES OFFERED by Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore:
Under Graduation M.B.B.S Course
|MBBS||150||4 Years 6 Month + 1 Year Internship|
- The duration of the course is four and half years and one year of internship.
- Clinical training in the Hospitals attached to the Institute will commence as soon as the student successfully completes Phase-I & will continue throughout Phase-II & Phase-III of the course.
- The Post Graduate Degree course is of 3 years duration.
TOTAL MBBS & P.G SEATS AVAILABLE IN KIMS.
|M.D Forensic Medicine||4|
|M.D Comm. Medicine||6|
|M.D Gen. Medicine||10|
|M.S Gen Surgery||10|
|M.D. Radio diagnosis||6|
|M.D. Emergency Medicine||2|
Fee Structure of KIMS , Bangalore:
UG Course fee for MBBS
Government Quota : Rs. 1,12,000/-
Private Quota : Rs. 7,86,500/-
NRI Quota: Rs. 37,36,550/-
Management Quota : Rs. 37,31,050/-
Hostel Fees: Rs. 36,5000/-
The Above fees is paid annually Per annum
Departments of Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences
FACILITIES of Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka
There are two separate hostels at present, one for the boys and another for the girls. The boys and girls hostels are located in the College campus and can accommodate about 200 students each. Student Welfare Officers and Wardens are always available to students and interns to lend a patient ear to all their problems related to curricular activities and to provide suitable remedies.
There are five buses including one mini bus and two Maruthi vans available for Transportation of students to and from Banashankari campus to the Hospital premises and to transport them to various training centers.
SPORTS / GYM:
The college has a fully equipped health club with a 10 Station Multi-Gym, two Tread Mills and Steppers and a Trained Instructor. Indoor Games like Chess, Carom and Table tennis are also available. The New Sports Complex coming up will house two Synthetic Tennis Courts, Basketball and Volleyball Courts and an Amphitheatre.
KIMS CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETY:
The KIMS Co-Operative Society was started in the year 1981. It caters to the needs of students and staff in their requirement of books, stationary and other articles at concessional prices. All students of KIMS and teaching faculty members are share holders of the society.
The College Canteen caters to the need of Faculty, Students and staff at KIMS Hospital. A new canteen with modern amenities is open at the college campus.
Punjab National Bank
Punjab National Bank is situated in the college campus to cater to the banking need of the students. ATM facilities are available. ATM’s of Corporation Bank, Canara Bank, State Bank of India, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank are situated surrounding the college premises.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION IN KIMS BANGALORE :
1.The candidates should have passed the two years P.U.C examination conducted by the P.U Education Board, Karnataka State, with Physics, Chemistry & Biology as optional subjects; or any other examination recognised as equivalent to it by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
2. The Candidates should have secured not less than 50% of the total marks in Science subjects taken altogether at the qualifying examination & CET/COMED-K. However the OBC-3A category and SC/ST students of Karnataka are required to secure 40% of the total marks.
3. The Candidate should have completed seventeen years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission.
Scholarship given by KIMS Bangalore Karnataka:
The college provides financial support to meritorious students. The KMC scholarship includes free ships and concessions. The free ship is offered to MBBS students who secure ranks up to 2000 in NEET exams. For students securing ranks between 2001 to 5000, Merit-cum-Means scholarship is provided. It will be based on the income of the parents as mentioned below. MBBS program based on the NEET score will also be provided scholarships based on the same criteria.
|Annual Income||Scholarship (%)|
|Up to INR 3Lakhs||100|
|Rs. 3 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs||90|
|Rs. 5 Lakhs to 7.5 Lakhs||75|
|Rs. 7.5 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs||50|
|Rs. 10 Lakhs to 12.5 Lakhs||25|
|Rs. 12.5 Lakhs||10|
Cutoff of KIMS Bangalore Karnataka:
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
KIMS Banglore Cutoff(2019)
|First Round Marks||Second Round Marks||Mop Up Round|
|NEET AIR||NEET MARKS|
KIMS Banglore Cutoff(2018)
|S. No.||Category||Cut off Rank||Allotted Seats|
Ranking and Reputation of Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre Bangalore:
|Name of Institute||KIMS Bangalore|
- It is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Bangalore.
Frequently Asked Question:
- Question1. Are hostel facilities available in Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: Separate hostel facilities for girls and boys is available in the campus at Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka.
- Question2. How can one apply for hostel accommodation in Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: Form will be provided at the time of taking admission in Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka.
- Question3. How to take admission in Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: The college take admissions on the basis of the merit score in NEET.
- Question4. What is the cut off for taking admission in Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: It keeps on changing year wise depending on the level of difficulty of the NEET exam .
- Question5. How many seats are available for UG students (MBBS) in Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: Annual Intake is of 150 UG students (MBBS) in Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka.
- Question6. Is there any other way of taking admission in the Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: Only admission has been taken through NEET on the basis of merit.
- Question7. What is the fee of the courses offered by Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka offers MBBS Fees:
- Government Quota : Rs. 1,12,000/-
- Private Quota : Rs. 7,86,500/-
- NRI Quota: Rs. 37,36,550/-
- Management Quota : Rs. 37,31,050/-
- Hostel Fees: Rs. 36,5000/-
The Above fees is paid annually Per annum
- Question8. What is the eligibility criteria for the courses offered Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka Eligibility is Candidates applying for MBBS must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English.
- Question9. The Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka is affiliated to which university?
- Answer: Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore affiliated by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bangalore.
- Question10. Where is located Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore Karnataka?
- Answer: Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences is Located at Banashankari 2nd Stage , Bangalore district in Karnataka State, India.
Find links to other important aspects related to NEET Counselling 2020 here:
GLN Admission Advice can help a student in following ways:
- It is a NEET rank based admission counseling centre which provides counseling for MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS and Pharmacy.
- If you have a low rank in NEET, you don’t need to provide donation to anybody. Just contact the experts at GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. and we will help you in getting a confirmed admission.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. provides guidance and a detailed strategy from the first step of filling up of the application form till the complete admission procedure.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. helps to clear out all your doubts and confusions regarding anything about your admission.
- At GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd., our experts’ team works really hard to check the previous records of each and every college i.e. the provision of seats at that college according to previous cut-offs. Therefore, you will get to know, which college you get and exactly in which round through the highly precise prediction by our team.
- Even if you have just qualified NEET and you are not having a good score, you don’t need to worry. Just trust on us and we will help you in getting the best college possible.
- We cannot help the students who haven’t even qualified NEET.
- But if you have qualified NEET, we will provide a proper plan for locking your choice, what mistakes to avoid etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. even provides you with all the information and updates such as state wise counselling, opening and closing date of the counseling, when to submit the DD etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. has segregated sections for admission in BDS, BAMS and BHMS.
- If you want to get admission in B Pharma or D Pharma, we can help you with that too. There is no need to appear in NEET exam for these courses.
- Except the Pharmacy courses, students have to qualify NEET whether they want admission in private college or government college according to a notification generated by the Government in 2018.
- So, GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. acts as a guardian who holds the hand of every student seeking proper guidance, till they get a confirmed seat at some medical college of the country on the basis of their NEET score.
- If you are interested for admission in this college feel free to contact us by filling all the necessary details in our enquiry form on the right. Our counselor will contact you within moments.
- You can also directly click on the link https://www.admissionadvice.in/Registration to fill our enquiry form.
- NOTE: If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
- Email id – admission email@example.com