KIIT School of Law,
KIIT School of Law is known for its teaching standards and scholarship. They are also the first law school that implemented the curricula recommended by the Bar Council of India in 2009. Accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade. KIIT School of Law, Bhubaneswar is amongst the first law schools which offers three honours degree courses: – B.A.L.L.B (Hons), B.B.A LL.B (Hons.) and B.Sc.LLB (Hons.) KIIT School of Law is also the first law school in India to offer specialized honours courses in Constitutional Law, Business Law, International Law, Crime and Criminology, Intellectual Property Law and Taxation Law. KIIT School of Law is also a member of the International Association of Law Schools, Washington, U.S.A. and Asia Pacific Association of Law Schools, Australia.
KIIT School of Law established in the year 2007. Now the School is offering 5 years B.A. LL.B., B.B.A. LL.B and B.Sc. LL.B honour’s courses with one-year LL.M. and Ph. D programme. This is the first law School which is offering LL.B. with six specializations in Business Law, Constitutional Law, Crime & Criminology Law Intellectual Property Law, Taxation Law and International Law. Separate biotechnology, chemistry and physics laboratories for B. Sc. LL.B. students have also been established in the law school premises. At KIIT School of Law students are prepared to understand the legal concept and hence developing a legal ability to discuss their cases on the legal grounds. The students from across 20 Indian states are the part of this campus. KIIT School of Law believes in Innovation to provide a new and better way of training for legal professionals, so that they can become competent and contribute to the formation of new India.
The Campus of KIIT School of Law is a campus of around 4000 acres situated in the temple city of Bhubaneshwar (Odisha)
KIIT School of Law’s, Bhubaneswar Facts in Brief:-
|· Established in||2007|
|· Established under||Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology|
|· Total courses||4 courses in 1 stream, i.e. Dual Degree courses B.A. LLB, B.B.A. LLB, B.Sc. LLB,|
L.L.M and PhD.
|· Approved by|
|Bar Council of India (BCI), New Delhi|
|· Affiliated with||KIIT University, Bhubaneshwar|
|· Genders accepted||Co-ed|
|· Aid Status||Private College|
KIIT School of Law, Bhubaneswar Contact Details:
Address: KIIT School of Law
Koel Campus (Campus I)
PO- KIIT Bhubaneshwar- 751024
Odisha , India
Tel: +91 6742742103, 2741747
Fax: +91 6742741465
Course offered by KIIT School of Law, Bhubaneswar:
B.A.LL.B., B.B.A.LL.B., B.Sc. LL.B., L.L.M., Ph.D.
KIIT School of Law offers 5 years integrated degree course. All the courses are inclusive in nature as it gives an opportunity to the students of different fields can be a part of the legal system. Students from different streams like; liberal arts, management and natural science can be a part of the abovementioned courses that KIIT School of Law offers.
The courses are divided into ten semesters having six papers in each semester. The students have the option of choosing their particular law as honours specialization from sixth semester. The different laws that students can opt for are as follows:-
Constitution Law, Business Law, International Trade Law, Intellectual Property Rights, Crime and Criminology, Human Rights, Taxation Law, International Law.
KIIT School of Law also offers L.L.M and PhD. Academic programs. L.L.M. Degree program is one year program having two semesters with specialization in Different laws.
KIIT School of Law have six different departments which provides assistance to the students i.e. Department of Public law, Private law, Alternative dispute resolution, liberal arts, Business studies, natural and physical sciences department.
KIIT School of Law has also academic collaboration with Northumbria University, England, Miami University, U.S.A; Dong-A University, South Korea.
Admission Criteria and Eligibility for KIIT School of Law, Bhubaneswar:-
- Admissions are generally conducted in the month of May.
- An entrance test known as KIITEE (KIIT Entrance Exam) on all India basis is conducted.
- Candidates applying must have passed their 10+2 or equivalent in any stream with at least 45% marks.
- Candidates applying for B.Sc. LL.B.(hons) must have passed their 10+2 with science stream with at least 45% marks.
- Candidates applying Bachelor courses should not have completed their 21 years as on 1st July of that academic year.
- Candidates applying for LL.M. must have degree of LL.B. with at least 55% of marks from recognised University and is also required to Pass KLSAT. Students who are in their final year of their college can also apply.
- Candidates seeking admission in Ph.D. course must have Masters of Law degree i.e. M.Phil. in Law, Masters degree in any social science or allied discipline with minimum 55% of marks. The selection is based on the overall academic records, interview and performance in the presentation of research proposal.
Campus Facilities at KIIT School of Law, Bhubaneswar:-
- Separate campus hostel facility for boys and girls
- A huge collection of more than 3 Lakh books with current journals, magazines and daily newspapers of different languages.
- Central Online Library
- Free Laptops
- Cafeteria and Canteen.
- Wi-Fi facility
- Sports Complex with Badminton Court, Basketball Court, Cricket Ground, Football Ground, Swimming Pool, Tennis Court, Hockey Ground, Volleyball Court
- Computer Lab
- Conference and Banquet halls
- Bank and ATM
- Railway Reservation Counter
- Post Office in the campus
- Open air Theatres.
- Medical Facility.
- Transport facility.
- Moot court committee.
- 24*7 Security
- Clean drinking water
- Gymnasium Facility
Faculty and staff at KIIT School of Law, Bhubaneswar:-
The Faculty and staff at KIIT School of Law includes teachers, visiting faculty who comes at school time to time to provide an outer edge to the whole concept that students are studying at any point of time.
Teachers and non teaching staff includes librarian, etc are of helpful nature. All of them are kind and ready to help at any point of given time.
At KIIT school of Law seminars, training programs, workshops are conducted for the general awareness among the students. And people from Legal fields holding prestigious places in the judicial system of India are going to be the part of this type of gathering, from whom students would be able to grasp knowledge and communication skills.People like Judges of Supreme courts, High courts, Secretary of different Embassy come to provide guidance that how the legal system of India and abroad work.
Placements by KIIT School of Law, Bhubaneswar:-
There is a training and placement cell at KIIT School of Law which facilitates the recruitment process and internships for the students of the graduating batches. It also provides the training of soft skills, communication skills and group discussions which ultimately helps the students in cracking the interview process.
KIIT School of Law has a record placement in 2016 in which out 113 students 104 students got placed in different law firms, corporate sector, etc.
The placement cell not facilitates but also provides guidance to the students who have the potential and interest for further education.
List of Top recruiters at KIIT School of Law, Bhubaneswar:-
- Sagar Associates
- Khaitan & Co.
- Wadia Ghandy & Co.
- Kachawa and Partners.
- Amarchand, Mangaldas &Suresh A Shroff
- Bajaj Allianz
- Ernst & Young
- Hewitt Packard
- ICICI Bank
- Advani & Co.
- Godrej industries Ltd.
- Exide Life Insurance Co.
- L&T General Insurance Co.
- And many more
Q-1 How many courses are offered by KIIT School of Law?
Ans: KIIT School of Law offers 4 courses in one stream i.e. Law (B.A. LLB., B.B.A. LLB, B.Sc.LLB and L.L.M.).
Q.2 Are there any Scholarships provided by this school?
Ans: Yes, For further studies KIIT School of Law facilitates in getting scholarships from Pradyumna Bal Memorial Scholarship, Erasmus Mundus Scholarship and DAAD scholarship.
Q.3 Do I need to give any exam for getting admission in KIIT School of Law?
Ans: Yes, there is an exam as KIITEE conducted across India.
Q.4 What is the percentage of placement?
Ans: The percentage of placement is 80% to 90%.
Q.5 From where I can download Application form and prospectus?
Q.6 What is the age criteria for KIIT School of Law?
Ans: Candidates applying should not have completed 21 years on 1st July of that academic session.
KIIT School of Law is known for its quality of education and for providing education for the third generation.
- KIIT School of Law was ranked 14 in India by Outlook India’s Top 25 Law colleges in 2017
- MHRD has also ranked KIIT School of law,Bhubaneswar as the 12th best law school in India.
- You can contact us for any further admission related queries.
- We provide the admission forms of all the private colleges for free.
- We also help you in getting admission to a particular college of your choice.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – email@example.com