Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi
Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi for women only is one of the best Medical colleges in North India. It is also known as LHMC New Delhi. It was started in the Year 1915, the college was firstly named as Queen Marry College and Hospital. Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi was named in the memory of Lady Hardinge who laid the foundation stone of the Institute. The College offers Undergraduate (MBBS), Postgraduate (MD, MS, PG Diploma) and super specialty (DM, M.Ch) courses in various fields. Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi is affiliated to the University of Delhi. The Lady Hardinge the wife of the then Viceroy was the first to take initiative for starting a Medical College for women, as the lack of separate Medical College for women.The college was opened by Lord Hardinge the then Viceroy of India in Year 1915. The close association of countess of Duffer in Fund Council continued over many years and senior teaching staff almost exclusively consisted of its members till India became independent.
Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi
The college started under the leadership of Dr. Kate Platt was the first Principal of the college. The College UG & PG course covered a period of first 7 Years including 2 years later Course of pre-medical science. The MBBS course was reduced from 5 Years to 4.5 Years in 1969 & compulsory internship of one year was introduced. The number of admissions in Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi to the first year was 16 Students Per Year in 1915 & to increase 60 Students in 1956. In 1961 the admissions were increased to 100 and were further raised to 130 in 1970. To implement the Central Educational Institution 2006 Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi increased Under Graduate (MBBS) admissions to 150 in 2008 and now 200 Students. Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi in Year 1950, the college has been affiliated to University of Delhi. And Hospital of Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi is Starting in 1916 with only 80 beds for the departments of Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi has now bed strength of 877 beds & 377 beds in Kalawati Saran Children Hospital. Kalawati Saran Children Hospital was established in 1956 as a center of excellence in pediatric care and research.
Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi for Women is located at Lady Hardinge Medical College, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi. New Delhi Railway Station is around 2 km away and Jhandewalan Metro Station is 2.1 km away from the College.
Indira Gandhi International Airport is 18.9 km away from Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach the Institute.
College Summary of Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi:
|Name of Institute||Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi|
|Popular Name||LHMC Delhi|
|Location||Shaheed Bhagat Singh Road Delhi|
|Year of Establishment||1915|
|Affiliated||University of Delhi|
|Approved||Medical Council Of India|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Female Only)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Delhi|
|Founder||Charles Hardinge, 1st Baron Hardinge of Penshurst|
|Director||Prof N N Mathur|
|Postgraduates||160 including MD MS DM MCh MDS|
|Location||Connaught Place, New Delhi, India|
|Campus Size||68 Acres|
Contact details of Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi:
Address: C – 604, Shaheed Bhagat Singh Road
Diz Area Connaught Place Delhi – 110001
Phone: 23363728 / 23408100
Official Website: http://lhmc-hosp.gov.in
Course Offered by Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi:
LHMC Delhi offers 30 courses in 2 streams and 11 specializations.
Under Graduate Courses
|MBBS||200||4.6+1 year Internship|
Faculty & Staff of Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi:
Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi provides a good number of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to upgrade the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
Facilities in Campus of Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi:
- Internet Facility
- Transport Facility
- Conference Hall
- Hostel for Girls
- Play Ground
- Dental Hospital
Fees Structure of Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi:
|Course||Eligibility||Total Fees/ year|
|MBBS||10+2 with 50% + NEET||–|
Seat Matrix with Tuition fees for Delhi Medical Colleges is provided below in the table
|Medical College||Estb. Year||AIQ seats||State Quota seat||Central Pool Quota||Total Seats||Tuition Fees||Hostel Fees|
|Lady Harding Medical College||1916||30||195||–||240||1355||490|
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery [MBBS]
5 Years 6 Months Full Time MBBS – 200 seats Rating – 8/10
Get Detailed Fees
|year 1||year 2||year 3||year 4||year 5||PROGRAM GRAND TOTAL|
Hostel Fees of Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi:
- 490/-(Per Month)
Departments of Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi:
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Forensic Medicine
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Community Medicine
- Department of ENT & Head Neck Surgery
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Department of General Medicine
- Department of General Surgery
- Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Department of Skin & VD
- Department of Orthopaedics
- Department of Dental Surgery
- Department of Pediatrics
- Department of Paediatric Surgery
- Department of Neonatology
- Department of Radiodiagnosis
- Department of Radiation Medicine
- Department of Anaesthesia
- Department of Accident & Emergency
- Department of Psychiatry
- Department of Neurology
- Department of Blood Bank
Age Criteria for Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi
Candidates should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS Course.
Eligibility Criteria for Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi:
The selection of the students is based on the Competitive Merit basis. Candidates should read the eligibility Criteria to know more about the Admission Procedure.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/ She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotech combined.
Scholarship given by Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi:
The scholarships recognize merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession.
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is only under the consideration of college administration.
Cutoff of Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi:
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
85% State Quota Seat, DU Internal and IPU 2019 Category wise Cut off
|Medical College||Counselling Body||General||EWS||OBC||SC||ST|
|Lady Harding Medical College||MCC||607||173||585||564||——||472||——||376|
NEET 2020 Cutoff (Expected)
- Candidates are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2020 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40% to be considered for AIQ and state counseling process.
- Candidates who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50%.
Facilities in Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
- Sports and Recreation: Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi for Women provides both indoor and outdoor games facilities for the students. The institute has maintained cricket, football ground, tennis court, etc.
- Girls Hostel
- IT Infrastructure
- Alumni Associations
- Parking Facility
Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi is a medical college for women located in New Delhi, India. Established in 1916, it became part of the Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi in 1950. The college is funded by the Government of India.
- 1 History
- 2 Present form
- 3 Campus
- 4 Library
- 5 Rankings
- 6 Departments
- 7 Notable alumni
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Campus of Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi:
The college’s campus has a hostel, library, auditorium and laboratories. It also includes a ground for sports and extra co-curricular activities.
Library of Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi:
A new central library building is part of the auditorium building. The college’s library is one of the oldest medical libraries in India and has also a good collection of number of old journals in the biomedical sciences. The library has a collection of 50,000 volumes.
Ranking And Reputation
|Name of Institute||Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi|
We would like to give 4.2 out of 5 stars on Edufever the best MBBS college in Delhi/NCR
Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi
Frequently Asked Question:
Question. Are hostel facilities available in DBSAM College of Rohini Delhi?
Answer: Separate hostel facilities for girls and boys is available in the campus at BRAMC New Delhi.
Question. How can one apply for hostel accommodation in BRAMC New Delhi?
Answer: Form will be provided at the time of taking admission in Army College of Medical Sciences New Delhi.
Question. How to take admission in Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi?
Answer: The college take admissions on the basis of the merit score in NEET.
Question. What is the cut off for taking admission in Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi?
Answer: It keeps on changing year wise depending on the level of difficulty of the NEET exam .
Question. How many seats are available for UG students Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi?
Answer: Annual Intake is of 100 UG students in Army College of Medical Sciences New Delhi.
Question. Is there any other way of taking admission in the Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi?
Answer: Only admission has been taken through NEET on the basis of merit.
Question. What is the fee of the courses offered by Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi?
Answer: Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi fees: Amount to be paid at the time of Admission: 1,01,000/-.
Question. What is the eligibility criteria for the courses offered Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi?
Answer: Eligibility – Candidates applying for MBBS program must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology &English.
Question. The Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi is affiliated to which university?
Answer: Army College of Medical Sciences New Delhi Affiliated by Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University .
Question. Where is located Lady Hardinge Medical College,New Delhi?
Answer: Dr BSA Medical College are located in Sector-6 of Rohini in North West district of Delhi.
Find links to other important aspects related to NEET Counselling 2020 here:
GLN Admission Advice can help a student in following ways:
- It is a NEET rank based admission counseling centre which provides counseling for MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS and Pharmacy.
- If you have a low rank in NEET, you don’t need to provide donation to anybody. Just contact the experts at GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. and we will help you in getting a confirmed admission.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. provides guidance and a detailed strategy from the first step of filling up of the application form till the complete admission procedure.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. helps to clear out all your doubts and confusions regarding anything about your admission.
- At GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd., our experts’ team works really hard to check the previous records of each and every college i.e. the provision of seats at that college according to previous cut-offs. Therefore, you will get to know, which college you get and exactly in which round through the highly precise prediction by our team.
- Even if you have just qualified NEET and you are not having a good score, you don’t need to worry. Just trust on us and we will help you in getting the best college possible.
- We cannot help the students who haven’t even qualified NEET.
- But if you have qualified NEET, we will provide a proper plan for locking your choice, what mistakes to avoid etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. even provides you with all the information and updates such as state wise counselling, opening and closing date of the counseling, when to submit the DD etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. has segregated sections for admission in BDS, BAMS and BHMS.
- If you want to get admission in B Pharma or D Pharma, we can help you with that too. There is no need to appear in NEET exam for these courses.
- Except the Pharmacy courses, students have to qualify NEET whether they want admission in private college or government college according to a notification generated by the Government in 2018.
- So, GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. acts as a guardian who holds the hand of every student seeking proper guidance, till they get a confirmed seat at some medical college of the country on the basis of their NEET score.
- If you are interested for admission in this college feel free to contact us by filling all the necessary details in our enquiry form on the right. Our counselor will contact you within moments.
- You can also directly click on the link https://www.admissionadvice.in/Registration to fill our enquiry form.
- You can contact us for any further admission related queries.
- We provide the admission forms of all the private colleges for free.
- We also help you in getting admission to a particular college of your choice.
If you any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
We will be very grateful to you!