ABOUT PUDUCHERRY NEET COUNSELLING 2020:
Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC), PUDUCHERRY is the competent authority responsible for conducting PUDUCHERRY MBBS counseling for NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) for the admission in MBBS/BDS courses in medical/dental colleges of PUDUCHERRY. PUDUCHERRY MBBS counseling 2020 will be conducted on the basis of scores obtained in NEET. The online counseling and allotment of seats is conducted by the counseling board with the help of NIC (National Informatics Centre).
Table of contents:
|1.||PUDUCHERRY NEET UG Counselling 2020 Important Dates|
|2.||About PUDUCHERRY NEET UG Counselling 2020|
|3.||PUDUCHERRY NEET UG Counselling Process|
|4.||PUDUCHERRY NEET-UG Cut off 2019|
|5.||PUDUCHERRY NEET-UG Documents requirement|
|6.||PUDUCHERRY NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
|7.||PUDUCHERRY NEET-UG 2020 list of colleges with intake capacity|
|8.||Frequently asked questions about PUDUCHERRY NEET-UG 2020|
Counselling Process for PUDUCHERRY Counselling 2020:
The counseling process includes many rounds generally two rounds are held. If the seats would not got filled even after the two rounds of counseling a mop-up round is called off to fill a vacant seat in the particular medical college. The process of counseling rounds have some common steps to follow mentioned below:
Step 1: Application- Applicant willing to appear in counseling rounds of the admission process must follow the required steps in order to fill in the application form:
- Candidates must log in to the official website of the Centralised Admission Committee i.e. www.centacPUDUCHERRY.in and have to create a unique security key and password which they are provided after the verification of the documents.
- After that they have to continue to fill the form with personal and academic details with accuracy.
- A scanned copy of the following with the below-mentioned file size is to be uploaded
- a) Photograph & Signature file size (20Kb to 50Kb).
- b) 10th Class & 12th class Mark Sheet (100Kb to 150Kb).
- c) Nationality/ Domicile/ Residence Certificate
- d) Class 10 & Class 12 Certificates/ Mark Sheets
- e) Regional Reservation Certificate (if applicable)
- f) Category Certificate (if applicable)
- After all this the applicants have to pay Rs. 1000 for General/OBC Category and Rs.500 for the SC/ST/PWD. Rs. 2000 for Management Quota in General Category, Rs. 1000 for Management Quota in SC/ST Category as the counseling fee in order to appear for the first round of counselling. The counseling fee for NRI/Foreign Nationals is Rs. 2000 for all the categories. The candidate once appears for the first round of counselling would not be eligible for the second round of counseling. The counselling fee is non-refundable.
Step 2: Choice Locking/Filling- Once the counseling fee is paid the applicant have an option to choose the college he want to take admission in, the option will be categorically in the manner of their preference. Before selecting the college an applicant must have all the details about the college as the seat allotment is based on his choice selection.
Step 3: Allotment of Seat- Keeping in mind the government reservation policy the seats were allotted to the candidates as per their ranks and choices filled by them. A list of candidates who had registered for PUDUCHERRY NEET 2020 is released by the Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC), PUDUCHERRY. The list is associated with the schedule for offline verification of the documents.
Step 4: Reporting at the college allotted to Applicant- After the allotment of the seats in the preferred medical college, the applicant must report to the college failing to which his seat will be forfeited and given to the next in line applicant.
PUDUCHERRY NEET UG Counselling 2020 Important Dates
|1||Starting of application form||1st week July 2020|
|2||Last Date to Submit the application form||1st week July 2020|
|3||The first round of counselling||1st week of July 2020|
|4||The second round of counselling||2nd week of August|
|5||Mop-up round||3rd week of August|
PUDUCHERRY NEET-UG 2020 list of colleges with intake capacity:
|List of Medical Colleges||Type||Total Seats|
|Indira Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, Puducherry||Govt||180|
|PUDUCHERRY Institute of Medical Sciences & Research||Trust||150|
|Sri Venkateswara Medical College||Trust||150|
|Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College||Trust||150|
|Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute||Deemed||250|
|Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences||Deemed||150|
|Vinayaka Missions Medical College, Karaikal||Deemed||100|
|Aarupadai Veedu Medical College||Deemed||150|
Seat Matrix of Govt. Medical Colleges under PUDUCHERRY:
|Government Medical Colleges||Established year||AIQ seat||State Quota seat||NRI quota seat||Total seats|
|Indira Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute||2010||22||136||22||180|
Seat matrix of Pvt. Colleges under PUDUCHERRY
|Private Medical Colleges||Established Year||Total seats|
|PUDUCHERRY Institute of Medical Sciences & research||2000||150|
|Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and hospital||2006||150|
|Sri Venkateshwara Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre||2007||150|
Fees of Govt. Medical College:
|S No.||Name of the fee||2nd year||3rd year||4th year||For additional batches|
|6||Student Welfare Fund||1,500||1,000||1,000||500|
|7||College Development Fund||15,000||10,000||10,000||5,000|
|Other Backward Classes(OBC)||11%|
|Backward Classes Muslim(BCM)||2%|
|Most Backward Classes (MBC)||18%|
|Extreme Backward Classes (EBC)||2%|
|Backward Tribes (BT)||1%|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||16%|
|Children/Grand Children of Freedom Fighter (FF)||4%|
|Wards of Ex-Serviceman (EX)||1% for MBBS & 3% for all other courses|
|Person With Disabilities (PWD)||3%|
|Candidates who are Meritorious in Sports (SP)||1%|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)- PUDUCHERRY MBBS NEET Counseling
Q.1 Name the body that conducts the PUDUCHERRY UG NEET Counseling?
Ans. Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC), Puducherry. is the competent authority responsible for conducting PUDUCHERRY MBBS counseling for NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) for the admission in MBBS/BDS courses in medical/dental colleges of PUDUCHERRY.
Q.2 What are the eligibility criteria for taking the PUDUCHERRY NEET exam?
Ans. PUDUCHERRY NEET UG Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant should be 17 years old as on December 31, 2020, while the upper age limit for general category candidates should be 25 years. There will be a relaxation of 5 years for reserved category candidates i.e. SC/ST.
- It is compulsory for candidates to have domicile of the state for admission to PUDUCHERRY NEET-UG 2020. If an applicant has completed their Class 10th and 12th from the schools located in the state, they do not have to provide their domicile certificate.
- In case any candidate has passed either Class 10th or 12th outside the state, then they have to submit the general domicile certificate.
- Candidates have to complete their Class 12th with an aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English subjects. While reserved category candidates have to qualify Class 12 with 40% and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) has to secure at least 45%
- Qualifying percentile should be secured to pass the national level offline entrance test.
Q.3 How many Rounds will be conducted in PUDUCHERRY UG NEET Counseling?
Ans. There will be 3 rounds including one mop-up round in PUDUCHERRY UG NEET Counseling.
Q.4 What is the date of filling up of PUDUCHERRY UG NEET Counseling?
Ans. The tentative date of PUDUCHERRY UG NEET 2020 Counseling application will begin in the first week of July 2020.
Q.5 What is the counseling fee for PUDUCHERRY UG NEET 2020
Ans. Rs. 1000 for General/OBC Category and Rs.500 for the SC/ST/PWD. Rs. 2000 for Management Quota in General Category, Rs. 1000 for Management Quota in SC/ST Category as the counselling fee in order to appear for the first round of counselling. The counseling fee for NRI/Foreign Nationals is Rs. 2000 for all the categories.
Q.6 What are the documents required for PUDUCHERRY NEET COUNSELLING?
Ans. PUDUCHERRY NEET UG Counselling Documents requirement
The candidate must carry the below-mentioned documents in order to get hassle-free counseling sessions:
- NEET 2020 Admit Card
- NEET 2020 Score Card
- 10th Class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- 12th Class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- PUDUCHERRY Domicile Certificate
- Category Proof if applying for any reserved category.
- ID Proof (Driving License, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, etc)
- Passport size Photographs
- Residence Proof (Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Passport, etc)
- Receipt of Registration deposit.
PUDUCHERRY MBBS Application Form