Sardar Patel Medical College,Bikaner
Sardar Medical College, Bikaner is one of the oldest medical institutes affiliated to Rajasthan University of Health Sciences and recognised by Medical Council of India. The Sardar Medical College, Bikaner was established in the year 1959 with an aim to provide quality medical education to the students coming from different parts of India without any discrimination. The Sardar Patel Medical College is dedicated in providing healthcare services and improving well being of the community through quality programmes medical and research. The Sardar Patel Medical College offers under graduate (MBBS), and post graduate courses in the different department of Medical Sciences i.e. Microbiology, Anaesthesia, Dermatology, Paediatrics, Ophthalmology, etc. The Sardar Patel Medical College also offers Super Speciality courses i.e. M.Ch & DM as well.
The institute has a hospital that aims to provide medical facility to the nearby areas. The emergency facility is provided 24X7. There are more than 1500 + beds in this hospital with all the modern facilities, equipments and technology. The hospital also has Intensive care Unit (ICU), SICU, BICU, etc to provide help at the time of medical emergencies. The Hospital has major and minor operation theatres to conduct surgeries. The hospital resided at the institute also has a 24X7 blood bank. There is one central Pathology lab used to provide medical tests like blood tests, Urine Tests, etc. There is also availability of different diagnostics available like- Ultrasound, Color Doppler, X rays, etc.
The Hospital at the campus is for the purpose to provide knowledge towards practical day to day problems faced by the doctors and other staff members, which enable the student to know about the management skills that he have to follow after he become a certified medical practitioner. The Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner provide with a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern facility/technology. It also provides adequate number of non-technical staff to provide an environment of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
Facts in brief about Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner
|Established under||Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, Jaipur, Rajasthan|
|Total courses||MBBS, MD/MS, DM, M.Ch.|
|Medical Council of India, MCI|
|Affiliated with||Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, Jaipur, Rajasthan|
|Aid Status||Government College|
|Category||MBBS/Medical Colleges in Rajasthan|
Address of Sardar Patel Medical College
Sardar Patel Medical College
Nagnechi Ji Road,
Email: [email protected]
Courses offered by Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner
Undergraduate courses at Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner:
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery:-
The MBBS is a 54 Months duration course i.e. 4.5 years academic education divided into 9 semesters of six months each. The course also has 1 year “compulsory rotatory internship” after completion of the course. After the completion of internships students were awarded with a MBBS Degree. MBBS is a UG degrere programme leading to the two degrees as Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery known as MBBS. The MBBS is a course that can be selected by a person who desires to be a doctor and have 12th with Science Background. The students, who have cleared the Senior Secondary (12th Class) examination and they had (P.C.B.) i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 12th standard, can apply for the MBBS degree course.
The MBBS is the one and the only course in India to become a medical practitioner. The MBBS course contains the basic subjects like Anatomy, Physiology, Bio-chemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology,
Micro-biology, Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine.
MBBS is the course with practical training which is five years long. The students interact with the patient and get the practical knowledge of diseases as the college and the hospital are generally nearby to each other or may resides in the same facilities with different areas specified. MBBS course also contains a yearlong i.e. 12-month-long internship, in which an intern has to come across various specialties. Besides standard clinical care, one also gets a methodical experience of ward management, staff management, and thorough analysis skills.
The total number of seats for MBBS course at Sardar Patel Medical College is 250
Post Graduate Courses at Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner
Doctorate of Medicine also known as MD:
Doctorate of Medicine (MD) is a 3 years doctorate program meant to study medicine in detail. The course comprises of the learning process from the first step of symptoms analysis till the treatment provided.
Doctorate of Surgery:
Doctorate of Surgery (MS) is a 3 years doctorate program which is followed by MBBS. At this course practitioners are given details of how to treat the patients with surgical treatments. This course has practical in its core which is substantial on having practical knowledge of conducting operations (surgeries). This could be termed as general surgery related to different organs of the body i.e. stomach, intestines, appendicitis, etc.
|S. No.||MD/MS Department||No. of seats|
|1.||MD General Medicine||24|
|4.||MD Dermatology, Venereology, Leprosy||04|
|5.||MD TB & Respiratory Disease/ Pulmonary Medicine||06|
|6.||MD Radio Diagnosis||03|
|10.||MD Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion||02|
|12.||MD Forensic Medicine||02|
|14.||MS General Surgery||11|
|15.||MD/MS Obstetrics & Gynaecology||14|
DM (Doctorate of Medicine): This is the course which is advanced and opted by the student after completing his/her Post Graduation in MS/MD. The student after completing this degree course gets a Super Speciality Degree. The Duration of this course is 3 years.
- Ch. (Magister of Chirurgiae or Master of Surgery): It is the highest degree given in the surgical field. This program is also advanced program and opted by the Students after completing his/her Post Graduation in the field of medical.
|1.||M.Ch. Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery||02|
Eligibility Criteria & Admissions Process at Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner:
Age Criteria: The candidate applying for MBBS must attained 17 years of age or above as on 31-Dec of the admission year. The maximum age limit for getting admission in MBBS course is 25 years.
Educational Qualification: All Higher Secondary School qualified their 12th Class in science stream including biology or bio-technology along with Physics and Chemistry with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible(For SC/ST category 40% marks is required in board exams; 45% for OBC Category)
Admission Process: It is necessary for medical aspirants to appear for the National Eligibility and Entrance Examination (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) after 12th class who wish to get MBBS admission. All the Government, Private, Central and Deemed Universities will be based on NEET scores and the seats for all colleges / institutions / universities will be offered through counselling based on the eligibility Score/Rank, Preferences of colleges and seats available.
For Post Graduate Courses (MD/MS):
- Students who hold MBBS Degree and are registered to Medical Council of India are eligible to apply for admission to MD, MS courses.
- For MD, MS courses the eligible candidates are given admission on the basis of their merit in NEET-PG.
For Post Graduate Courses (DM/M.Ch):
- Students who hold MD/MS Degree and are registered to Medical Council of India.
- For DM/M.Ch the eligible candidates is given admission on the basis of their merit in NEET-PG.
2019 Cut offs at Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cut off scores|
NEET Cut off for 85% Quota seats
MBBS Course fee (Approx) at the time of admission at Sardar patel Medical College, Bikaner:
|Sub Items||Fees (In Rupees)|
|Tuition Fee||12, 500 Every Year|
|Sports & Academic Fund||8, 000 Every Year|
|Admission Fees||10, 000 Only Once|
|Security/Caution Money (Refundable)||3, 000 Only Once|
|Hostel Maintenance Charges (Single Seated Rooms)||15, 000 Every year|
|Hostel Maintenance Charges (Double Seated Room)||10, 000 Every Year|
|Electricity & Water Charges||6, 000 Every Year|
|Infrastructure, Development, Welfare Fund||4, 000 Every Year|
|Non Refundable Security||2, 000 Only Once|
Campus Facilities at Sardar Patel Medical College, Bikaner
Central Library: The central library is place of well stacked books and journals. It consists of more than 31290 books, 20000 journals, 100 Periodicals, more than 200 Indian and International Journals. The library has a seating capacity of 500 students. There are 20 computers in the computer lab
Lecture Theatres: The lecture theatres are fully equipped with modern technological facilities to make learning better way. There are 9 lecture theatres in which 7 has a capacity of 300 each, 1 has a seating capacity of 650, 1 has a seating capacity of 250.
Auditorium: The auditorium is air conditioned with the seating capacity of more than 1200 persons at a time. The auditorium is used for cultural and social activities.
Laboratories: There are different labs for different medical departments to demonstrate and conduct experiments to make students understand the medical curriculum in a better way. There are around 19 labs of Anatomy, Microbiology, Pharmacology, etc.
Hostel: There is separate hostel for boys and girls in the campus. There is also hostel for the interns and faculty members. The hostel is surrounded with the lush green environment all around.
Recreational Activities: There are many games and other activities available in the campus that include indoor games like carom, Table Tennis etc and outdoor games like Badminton, Volleyball, etc.
Apart from this the college has arrangements for clean and safe drinking water, Separate toilets, Banking facility, CCTV cameras, etc.
Q.1 What is the address of Sardar Patel Medical College?
Ans: The address of Sardar Patel Medical College is
Sardar Patel Medical College
Nagnechi Ji Road,
Email: [email protected]
GLN Admission Advice can help a student in following ways:
- It is a NEET rank based admission counselling centre which provides counselling for MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS and Pharmacy.
- If you have a low rank in NEET, you don’t need to provide donation to anybody. Just contact the experts at GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. and we will help you in getting a confirmed admission.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. provides guidance and a detailed strategy from the first step of filling up of the application form till the complete admission procedure.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. helps to clear out all your doubts and confusions regarding anything about your admission.
- At GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd., our experts’ team works really hard to check the previous records of each and every college i.e. the provision of seats at that college according to previous cut-offs. Therefore, you will get to know, which college you get and exactly in which round through the highly precise prediction by our team.
- Even if you have just qualified NEET and you are not having a good score, you don’t need to worry. Just trust on us and we will help you in getting the best college possible.
- We cannot help the students who haven’t even qualified NEET.
- But if you have qualified NEET, we will provide a proper plan for locking your choice, what mistakes to avoid etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. even provides you with all the information and updates such as state wise counselling, opening and closing date of the counseling, when to submit the DD etc.
- GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. has segregated sections for admission in BDS, BAMS and BHMS.
- If you want to get admission in B Pharma or D Pharma, we can help you with that too. There is no need to appear in NEET exam for these courses.
- Except the Pharmacy courses, students have to qualify NEET whether they want admission in private college or government college according to a notification generated by the Government in 2018.
So, GLN Admission Advice Pvt. Ltd. acts as a guardian who holds the hand of every student seeking proper guidance, till they get a confirmed seat at some medical college of the country on the basis of their NEET score.
If you are interested for admission in this college feel free to contact us by filling all the necessary details in our enquiry form on the right. Our counsellor will contact you within moments.
You can also directly click on the link https://www.admissionadvice.in/Registration to fill our enquiry form.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at-
Email id- [email protected]