National Law University,
The academic institution offers various law and management programs. The approximate average fee for each course at NLUJ is as follows:
- MBA (Insurance) – INR 4,99,000/-
- M. – INR 1,24,500/-
- UG – INR 11,54,000/-
The major recruiters that come to NLUJ every year comprise of national law firms, international law firms and corporate firms. The average pay packages of corporate organizations range between Rs. 4.5 lakh to Rs. 11 lakh per annum for the previous year. The pay packages offered by national law firms broadly range between Rs. 8 lakh to Rs. 16 lakh per annum, whereas, international law firms have recruited at packages that range between Rs. 28 lakh to Rs. 30 lakh per annum in the previous year.
“Knowledge is Empowerment”
The law university believes that knowledge is the foundation of progression. Advancements and improvements required for growth as individuals and as a society as whole, come from the daily knowledge we gain from various sources. Therefore, NLUJ strongly emphasizes on the need to expand students’ mind day by day.
NLUJ (National Law University, Jodhpur) is one of India’s leading academic institutions training students in legal studies to help them becoming a solicitor/barrister/paralegal/judge. Even outside of the legal industry, a law degree can lead to a diversity of career choices such as in journalism, politics, HR, finance and what not. Students passing out from the law school work in top national and international law firms, some even practice in courts and while some have entered the legal academics domain. NLUJ students have also pursued further studies from leading Universities in the world including Ivy League schools, which include Harvard, LSE, King’s, Yale, Oxford etc. The university also trains management executives with great endeavours to make them achieve their professional goal.
NLUJ is situated at the vibrant and colourful city of Jodhpur, Rajasthan. Since its inception in 1999, NLUJ has worked really hard to train exceptional lawyers, legal scholars and management trainees who are determined at pushing and challenging the existing boundaries of their knowledge by pushing their limits. NLUJ welcomes students coming from all diverse social, cultural and religious backgrounds from all corners of India, thus creating a diversity rich atmosphere which is extremely conducive for learning.
NLUJ’s Facts in Brief:
|· Established in||1999|
|· Approved by|
|University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|· Member of||Association of Indian universities (AIU)|
|· Genders accepted||Co-ed|
|· Total courses||Mainly 7 in 2 streams|
NLUJ Contact Details:
- ADDRESS: National Law University, NH-65, Nagour Road, Mandore, Jodhpur – 342304, Rajasthan, INDIA.
- PHONE NO.: +91-291-2577530, 2577526
- FAX: +91-291-2577540
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.nlujodhpur.ac.in/
Course offered by NLUJ:
- B.A., LL.B. (Hons.):
Duration = 5 years (10 semesters)
BBA LLB (Hons.) at NLUJ is basically integration of Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Legislative Law in one unique course that includes management and business subjects and law subjects in order to teach students the basics of both areas.
The program by NLUJ provides a combined understanding of the interrelationship of Management Studies and Law in more than just their specified domains. This amalgamated course at NLUJ covers a vast domain of the contemporary areas of managerial relevance and provides students with an opportunity to focus on strategies to manage business while not ignoring the legal implications one can face while handling a firm or a business. It is an integration of both experience and knowledge of basic concepts of Business administration and Law which make the company’s ethics well-built.
- A., LL.B. (Hons.):
Duration = 5 years (10 semesters)
This program at NLUJ is an amalgamation of Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Laws. Basically the course integrates Arts with Law. It broadly covers various law related fields like Criminal Law, Corporate Law, Patent Law, Administrative Law, Tax Law, International Law and Labour Law along with the domains related to Arts field such as Economics, History, Sociology and Political Science etc.
NLUJ‘s B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) has been designed and revamped regularly in accordance with the changing nature of socio-economic conditions of the society in general. The syllabus is based on new developments that have been brought up due to Liberalization and Globalization, which has led to the expansion of market-forces creating new kinds of demands every now and them. The course goes hand in hand with such demands by producing a workforce with the exactly required skill sets.
- M. (Corporate Laws):
Duration = 1 year (2 semesters)
Corporate Law is a branch of law that consists of law of corporations. The course at NLUJ involves a pedagogy that teaches all matters within the corporate sectors from the inception of firms to their dissolution, in detail.
At the completion of the course, a student would also have a vague understanding of topics like floatation of companies, corporate restructuring, corporate governance etc. NLUJ has designed the course with regular revisiting sessions, to educate students about how shareholders, directors, employees, creditors etc. interact with consumers, the community, and the environment in the corporate world.
- M. (IPR):
Duration = 1 year (2 semesters)
LLM IPR stands for Master of Laws in Intellectual Property Rights. This course at NLUJ is designed beyond the tedious classroom teaching by constantly organizing the case studies and mock court drills alongside theoretical lectures which are also necessary for developing basic understanding.
The syllabus involves basic concepts of initial and propelled protected innovation (Intellectual Property) and innovation law, which are regularly updated with the help of various intellectuals and academicians of NLUJ. Postgraduates after this program are hired as Legal Counsellors, Legal Administrators, Legal Experts, Patent and Trademark Attorneys etc.
- B.A. (Insurance):
Duration = 2 years (4 semesters)
This program by NLUJ recognises the specific needs of management in the insurance sector. Thus NLUJ designed the course in such a way that it emphasizes on a number of insurance related domains integrated with subjects such as management, finance, marketing etc. which are the basic management subjects.
- B.A. (Insurance Risk Management):
Duration = 2 years (4 semesters)
This NLUJ program involving insurance studies is for Engineering Graduates only. This is designed to provide them with great opportunities in General Insurance Sector. The students’ engineering background is essential as it is utilized by the firms for risk inspection and underwriting of a risk.
- D. Program in the Faculty of Law:
A PhD in Law from NLUJ involves research and gives an academic approach to Law studies.
Admission criteria and eligibility for NLUJ:
- The student must be having a Bachelors Degree from a recognized university with min. 50%
- The student must have filled an application form
- The selection of candidates will be done on the basis of CLAT merit
- A candidate must have Postgraduate degree in Law with at least 55% marks or equivalent (with relaxation of 5% in eligibility criteria will be granted to candidates from SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy
- layer)/SAP Categories)
- Candidates appearing in the final year are also eligible to apply
- Candidates have to fill an application form and then appear for an entrance test
- UGC-NET and JRF qualified candidates will be exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test
- but will have to appear for the Personal Interview
- Candidates short-listed on the basis of entrance test will be called for a personal interview
Campus Facilities at NLUJ:
- ACAD BLOCK i.e. NLUJ’s halls of learning, provides the requisite infrastructure and the desired ambience needed for quality legal learning
- Air-conditioned classrooms with comfortable seating arrangement
- Two Moot Court Rooms have been made in the Halls of Learning, each of which is an exact replica of the Actual Court
- Seminars, conferences, symposiums and guest lectures on diverse areas of law and contemporary relevance are regularly held in conference halls
- Online learning portals like Manupatra and Westlaw
- Halls of Residence- separate boys’ and girls’ hostels
- Mess on a pay-and-eat basis
- Well maintained Gym with a Gym Instructor
- Cultural and Sports Complex
- Health Care Centre
- Wireless access to Internet throughout the campus
- General Store
Placements at NLUJ:
- Amarchand & Mangaldas & Suresh A. Shroff & Co
- AZB & Partners
- ARA Law
- Anand and Anand
- M. Harish & Co.
- Paras Kuhad & Associates
- Desai and Diwanji
- Lex Orbis
- Juris Corp
- J Sagar & Associates
- Khaitan & Co.
- Crawford Bayley
- Krishna & Saurastri
- Amarjeet Associates
- Laxmi Kumaran & Sridharan
- Vaish and Associates
- Ernst & Young
- Enam Finance and Securities
- ICICI Bank
- Goldman Sachs
- Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services
- Edelweiss Capital
- SBI Capital Markets
- Anand Rathi & Co.
- J M Finance
- ICICI Lombard
- Minerals & Metals Trading Corporation
- Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation
- Wipro Ltd.
- Sun Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Zydus Cadila Ltd.
Faculty and staff of NLUJ:
Faculty at NLUJ comprises of both experienced and young academicians providing a mix of experiential learning and motivation from the young minds. Also, they come from diverse cultural backgrounds from all over India. The faculty members of NLUJ have a background of immense education from leading universities in India and abroad. This highly renowned background of them helps them in constantly delivering quality teaching and undertaking bold experiments in teaching methods.
NLUJ has constantly been ranked as one of the top law schools in India. It was ranked 6 for Law by NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework) 2019 and Ranked 6 for Law by The Week 2017. The institute is striving to become a centre for excellence in legal studies every passing day. Its dedication to produce committed and knowledgeable lawyers of highest professional standards and top quality legal scholars, is what makes it one amongst the best.
About Admission Advice:
- You can contact us for any further admission related queries.
- We provide the admission forms of all the private colleges for free.
- We also help you in getting admission to a particular college of your choice.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – email@example.com