P.E.S. Modern Law College
The educational institution mainly offers under graduate programs, post graduate programs, diploma and Autonomous Certificate courses in Law. The Course fees of P.E.S. Modern Law College are as per the norms of Savitribai Phule Pune University and the Govt of Maharashtra. Various IT companies have done campus selections of the well qualified students. Other students prefer to practice. The salary package offered by various firms ranges from approx. 4.2 lakhs to 5.5 lakhs per annum.
“It is beyond a doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience.”
P.E.S. Modern Law College, Pune believes in providing knowledge to its students through experience. It believes in imparting all the knowledge it can for making its students excel in various fields. Even the vision statement of the parent body i.e. Progressive Education Society is imbibed in the Sanskrit statement, transliterated as
It is inscribed at the top of their logo as well. Also, the foot of the logo says ‘EXCELSIOR’, an expression of incessant aspirations of higher attainment.
Progressive Education Society’s Modern Law College (P.E.S. Modern Law College) is founded on the adage of ‘Ignoranti Juris neminem excusat’ (which means Ignorance of Law Excuses no one) on which the Legal System in our country is based.
Progressive Education Society which is the parent body of P.E.S. Modern Law College, is a reputed and distinguished educational institution in Maharashtra. Honourable, Late Shankarrao Kanitkar laid the foundation of the Society on 16th May 1934 in Pune.
P.E.S. Modern Law College, Facts in Brief:
|· Established in||2003|
|· Established under||Progressive Education Society|
|· Approved by|
|Bar Council of India (BCI)|
|· Affiliated with||Savitribai Phule Pune University|
|· Genders accepted||Co-ed|
|· Aid Status||Private College|
P.E.S. Modern Law College, Pune Contact details:
Address: S. No.85/86, Savitribai Phule Pune University
Circle, Pashan Road, Ganeshkhind,Pashan, Pune – 411016.Phone: 020-25638987, 08975588777
Official Website: www.modernlawcollege.org
Course offered by P.E.S. Modern Law College, Pune:
Under Graduate Courses:
- B.A. LL.B. (5 Years Course): Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws (B.A. LL.B.) at P.E.S. Modern Law College is a dual degree professional course in administrative law. The curriculum is designed to amalgamate the subjects of Arts with Law. So that a professional could be prepared for well-oiled placements in national and international law firms, corporate legal departments and consulting companies etc.
- LL.B. (3 Years Course): An LL.B./Bachelor of Laws degree from P.E.S. Modern Law College is a professional law degree provided after completing graduation.There are a plethora of career prospects for law graduates after completing the course from P.E.S. Modern Law College. They are not restricted to practice as an advocate in court or corporate firms. Other non-conventional law career comprises – working with NGOs, teaching in colleges, working as a reporter for newspapers and television channels.
Post Graduate Courses:
LL.M (Two Years Course): Master of Laws provided byP.E.S. Modern Law College is a Post-graduation course of Savitribai Phule Pune University. The credit system implemented through this curriculumimplies that the entire assessment of the programs is based on a credit system. This is a step taken to revamp the curriculum to keep pace with the liberalisation and globalisation in education.
- Diploma in Taxation Law (D.T.L.): Duration – 1year
This diploma Course add value to the Law Degree Courses. The course is conducted mainly in the evening batch, so as to facilitate the working professionals as well. The diploma by P.E.S. Modern Law Collegebasically deals with Taxation and Accountancy, to provide an edge to advocates practicing in Taxation Laws, Chartered Accountants, Tax Consultants, businessmen etc. The curriculum includes subjects like General Laws affecting Taxation; Book Keeping & Accountancy Income Tax Act 1961 as amended upto date; The Integrated Goods and Services tax act; The Customs Act.
- Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare (D.L.L.&L.W.): Duration – 1year
It is useful for advocates, businessmen and employees of other industries and institutions. The curriculum, as designed by P.E.S. Modern Law College comprises of subjects such as Legislation Affecting Conditions of Work; Labour Management Relations law; Social Security Legislation; Wage Fixation principles & the Law of Wages.
- Diploma in Cyber Law (D.C.L.):Duration – 1year
The diploma provided byP.E.S. Modern Law College is useful for advocates, Businessmen, B.P.O.s, L.P.O.s, Computer Institutes, Computer Operating Organizations and Police Officers. It mainly deals with the basics of cyber world.
- Diploma in Intellectual Property Laws (D.I.P.R.): Duration – 1year
This diploma by P.E.S. Modern Law College helps a student to learn legalities of intellectual property and he/she learns how to avoid intellectual crimes and plagiarism. This course can also prepare a professional to manage and develop intellectual projects in organizations by learning all the laws related to intellectual property.
Autonomous Certificate Course:
As P.E.S. Modern Law College believes in providing experiential knowledge to students and traditional law curriculum does not prepare the students for actual court experience, there arises a lacuna between theoretical education and practice. Therefore a short term and practical oriented courses aimed at giving an overview of Civil Practices & Criminal Practices in Courts are introduced by P.E.S. Modern Law College.
Admission Criteria and Eligibility for P.E.S. Modern Law College, Pune:
- The candidates should have passed the H.S.C. examination (10+2) or equivalent, conducted by Higher Secondary School Examination Board of the State of Maharashtra or any other examination recognized equivalent to H.S.C. (10+2) by the Savitribai Phule Pune University or any other recognized University with a minimum 45% aggregate (SC/ST category students should have passed with min. 40%)
- Admissions of the candidates are regulated through Common Law Entrance test (MHT CET) conducted by Maharashtra State.
- The candidates should be graduates or post graduates of any recognized Statutory University getting minimum 45% marks in the University Examination Exam.
- Admissions are regulated through Common Law Entrance test (MHT CET) conducted by Maharashtra State.
|Name of the Program||Admission Process||Eligibility|
|LL.M.||CET not required||LL.B.|
|Name of the Program||Admission Process||Eligibility|
|LL & LW ( Diploma in Labour Laws & Labour Welfare)||CET not required||Graduation|
|DIPR (Diploma in Intellectual Property Laws)||CET not required||H.S.C.|
|DCL (Diploma in Cyber Laws)||CET not required||H.S.C.|
|DTL (Diploma in Taxation Laws)||CET not required||Graduation|
Campus Facilities at P.E.S. Modern Law College, Pune:
- PES Modern Law College has a modern, computerized library with a seating capacity of 75 students
- Wi-Fi internet facility in the campus
- A well-equipped language lab for developing communication skills
- Fully air conditioned, equipped with the latest Audio and Visual Devices including an LCD Projector, Moot Court Hall is there which is named after Ram Shastri Prabhune, the Chief Justice in the apex court of the Maratha Empire in the latter half of the 18th century
- Audio-Visual hall named after the founder of Progressive Education Society, Shri. Shankarrao Kanaitkar
- Conference Hall for the staff meetings and proceedings
- Spacious, well lit and airy classrooms
- Staff rooms with comfortable ambience for the teachers
- Cyber Zone with broadband internet
- Progressive Education Society’s Girls and Boys Hostel at Shivajinagar, Pune Campus
- Hygienic Canteen in the campus
- Spacious common rooms (Boy’s Common Room and Girl’s Common Room)
- Vehicle parking for students and staff
- Modern Legal Research Centre to inculcate research qualities
- Sports facility
Faculty and staff of P.E.S. Modern Law College, Pune:
The faculty of P.E.S. Modern Law Collegecomprises of Teaching faculty, Non-teaching staff and visiting faculty. Dr. Sunita Adhav is the Principal of the institution having such high qualifications such as B.Com. LL.M. and Ph.D. (Law) and 20 Years of Teaching Experience.
The teaching imparted by the faculty members and visiting faculty reflects their centrality in addressing the primary educational mission of P.E.S. Modern Law College which is practical based learning. So, along with tedious theoretical lessons, interactive sessions are also provided to the students. As the highly talented and qualified faculty members teach, they disseminate and impart all their Law field related knowledge and learnings to students and assist students with applying that knowledge.
The inclusion of two highlighted words that appear in the names of the Society and its educational institutions i.e. “Progressive” and “Modern” was made to showcase the aims and objectives of Progressive Education Society. ‘Progressive’ and ‘Modern’ were the terms used in 1934 by Late S. R. Kanitkar and his colleagues to demarcate the dreams and future road map of Progressive Education Society. The P.E.S. Modern Law College follows the same footsteps in designing the curriculum of every course hence making the syllabus progressive and modern to keep pace with the ever changing dynamics of the world.
Q-1 What are the courses offered by P.E.S. Modern Law College?
Ans. The courses offered by P.E.S. Modern Law College are:
Under Graduate Courses:
- A. LL.B. (5 Years Course)
- B. (3 Years Course)
Post Graduate Courses:
- M(Two Year Course) – Credit Pattern
- Diploma in Taxation Law (D.T.L.)
- Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare (D.L.L. &W.)
- Diploma in Cyber Law (D.C.L.)
- Diploma in Intellectual Property Laws (D.I.P.R.)
Autonomous certificate courses
Q-2 What is the ranking given toP.E.S. Modern Law College?
Ans.P.E.S. Modern Law College is Ranked 34 for Law by India Today 2018.
Q-3 What is the tuition fees paid by foreign students applying to P.E.S. Modern Law College?
- NRI/ Foreign Student have to pay Five times the tuition fee prescribed by the college, Savitribai Phule Pune University and the Government of Maharashtra.
- Students from Bhutan Nepal and Sri Lanka have to pay Three times the tuition fee prescribed by the college, Savitribai Phule Pune University and the Government of Maharashtra.
- You can contact us for any further Admission related queries.
- We provide the admission forms of all the private colleges for free.
- We also help you in getting admission to a particular college of your choice.
Get a clear idea of the law colleges you can get based on your CLAT UG 2020 rank Get Cut off, Fees, Placements and Admission Information of LAW colleges using Admission Advice CLAT UG College Predictor 2020.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be very grateful to you!