GITAM School of Law,
The educational institution mainly offers Under-graduate programs and Post-graduate programs in Law. The fees of its integrated 5-year courses are around Rs. 5.25 L. While doing a post-graduate degree from GITAM School of Law would cost a student approx. Rs. 1.05 L. The placements are good and generally offered at Rs. 1.8 L Median Salary.
“STRIVE. SERVE. THRIVE”
These are the three pillars on which GITAM School of Lawfunctions. The Law school trains students religiously to make consistent efforts to accomplish heights in the Law related fields. It then helps them to grow vigorously and flourish as legal professionals by providing a competitive environment which is conducive to learning. Such trained professionals then serve the society with the help of their immense experiential knowledge provided by GITAM School of Law.
GITAM School of Lawwas incepted in the year 2012. The institute is affiliated with GITAM University, Visakhapatnam and approved by the Bar Council of India (BCI), New Delhi. Also the ideas of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, the Father of the Indian Nation, are experimented with and applied to everyday life in GITAM School of Lawas GITAM stands for “GANDHI” INSTITUTE OF TECHNOL.OGY AND MANAGEMENT.
GITAM School of Law, Visakhapatnam Facts in Brief:
|· Established in||2012|
|· Approved by|
|Bar Council of India (BCI), New Delhi|
|· Affiliated with||GITAM University, Visakhapatnam|
|· Accredited by||NAAC with ‘A + ’ Grade in 2017|
|· Genders accepted||Co-ed|
|· Aid Status||Private College|
GITAM School of Law, Visakhapatnam Contact details:
ADDRESS: GITAM School of Law
Gandhi nagar, Rushikonda
Andhra Pradesh, INDIA.
PHONE NO.: 0891-2840511
EMAIL: [email protected]
Course offered by GITAM School of Law, Visakhapatnam:
- 3 Years LL.B. (Hons.) –The abbreviation LLB comes from a Latin term ‘Legum Baccalaureus’ which stands forthe Bachelor of Law. LLB Hons. At GITAM School of Law is an undergraduate degree course in law which follows Choice Based Credit System(w. e. f. 2017-18 onwards) imbibes candidates with the required knowledge and skill sets so that they are not only capable to perform as effective Legal practitioners but also to shoulder responsibilities to serve the society. For the same, they are equipped with theoretical foundations in Law as well as practical orientation towards Legal practices by GITAM School of Law.
- 5 Years B. A., LL. B. (Hons.) – This course at GITAM School of Lawi.e. Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws (B.A. LL.B.) is a dual degree professional course in administrative law. It follows Choice Based Credit System w. e. f. 2015-16 onwards. The curriculum is framed to integrate the subjects of Arts with Law in such a way that students’ intellectual, analytical and practical skills burgeon and they are provided with necessary academic and professional tools required for a successful career not only in law but in other professional contexts too.
- 5 Years B. B. A., LL. B. (Hons.)–Doing B.B.A., LL.B (Hons.) from GITAM School of Law is basically taking an integrated degree of Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Legislative Laws in through distinct program that includes management and business subjects and law subjects. The course follows Choice Based Credit System (w. e. f. 2015-16 onwards) to keep pace with the globalization.
- 5 years B. Com. LL. B. (Hons.) – Bachelorof Commerce and Bachelor of Legislative Law is an undergraduate integrated course offered at GITAM School of Law. The program is an amalgamation of the study of Law and Commerce.The aim of GITAM School of Law is to blend current legal theory and practice with emergingtrends in the field of Law by this course. The curriculum is put into practice in such a way that students are mouldedinto competent,visionary andresponsible Legal practitioners or Lawyers.
- 1 Year LL. M. (International Law & WTO)–This GITAM School of Law’s program typically stresses upon public international law (which also covers trade law andthe World Trade Organization (WTO) kind of regulatory bodies.
- 1 Year LL. M. IPR and Cyber Law – LL.M (Master of Law) Cyber Law and IPR at GITAM School of Law is a postgraduate programme that deals with the laws that prevent cyber-crimes or impart justice to the victims of cybercrimes and also IPR Laws & the Updated IPRs andTechnology related Laws basically.
- 1 Year LL. M. Corporate Law–An LL.M.(Master of Law) in Corporate law is typically a one-year degree pursued at GITAM School of Law by those students who are seeking advanced certification, career advancement and international credibilityin the field of law, by specializing in corporate law to follow their area of interest in the present competitive and globally focused legal environment.
Admission criteria and eligibility for GITAM School of Law, Visakhapatnam:
FOR 5 YEAR INTEGRATED COURSES:
- The candidates applying to Five Year B.A., LL.B (Hons.) and B.B.A., LL.B (Hons.) have to clear LSAT/ CLAT.
- The candidates should have passed Higher Secondary School Examination / Intermediate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent examination not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40%in case of SC / ST and persons with disability).
- The Candidates who are awaiting results may also apply for the course.
- Age bar: The age of the candidate should not be more than 20 years in case of general category and 22 years in case of SC / ST and persons with disability.
- Admission of the candidates into LLM programme is based on LSAT / CLAT.
- The Candidate should have passed Graduation in Law (LL.B / BA.LLB / BBA.LLB / BSc.LLB / B.Com.LLB) from any recognized University with not less than 50% marks (45% in case of SC / ST and persons with disability).
- The Candidates in their final year of graduation may also apply for the course.
- Age bar: There is no age limit for candidates who wish to pursue LLM.
Campus Facilities at GITAM School of Law, Visakhapatnam:
- Surrounded by the district courts and snuggled in between the valley of Eastern Ghats and Bay of Bengal, the location of the campus is one of the most idyllic places in Andhra Pradesh
- Student chapters are there such as Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), Computer Society of India (CSI), Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (IETE), The Institution of Engineers (India), Instrument Society of India (ISOI), Institute of Electronics and Electrical Engineers (IEEE), Engineers Without Borders (EWB) and Indian Green Building Council (IGBC).
- Student clubs comprises of GITAM Centre for Incubation and Entrepreneurship Development (GCIED), GITAM, University Science and Activity Centre (GUSAC), Rotaract Club of GITAM (RACG), Kalakrithi, G-Studio,National Cadet Corps and GITAM National Service Scheme
- Student housing facility for both boys and girls. Boys’ hostels are named as Saddarma sadan, Aditya sadan, Vinay sadan,Rabindra sagar sadan and Durgabai deshmukh sadan. Three Girls hostels are there namely Kokila sadan,Nirmala sadan and Avanthika sadan
- Mess of all the hostel serves homely food for breakfast, lunch, evening snacks and dinner at particular timings
- Eco-friendly environment around the living space
- Wi-Fi facility to be accessed 24*7
- Safe drinking water
- Round the clock security
- Availability of qualified doctors
- Availability of resident warden
- Indoor games
- Uninterrupted power supply
- Bus service
Faculty and staff of GITAM School of Law, Visakhapatnam:
The faculty of GITAM School of Laware a unique blend of academicians and professionals from technical and legal backgrounds with years of practical experience in different areas of law. Head of the institute is Dr. Anita Rao who is highly qualified and experiential, having a Ph.D. Other teaching faculty include a mix of associate and assistant professors.
The quality education provided by theGITAM School of Law imparts such an essence to the legal education which is nowhere else observed. Also, the design of the curriculum is made keeping in mind the rapidly changing and evolving legal domain. GITAM School of Law has also established a training & placement centre headed by a senior faculty member. The objectives of which is to provide training for development of integrated personality and employable skills of students.
Q-1 What are the courses offered by GITAM School of Law?
Ans. The courses offered by GITAM School of Law are:
- 3 Years LL.B. (Hons.)
- 5 Years B. A., LL. B. (Hons.)
- 5 Years B. B. A., LL. B. (Hons.)
- 5 years B. Com. LL. B. (Hons.)
- 1 Year LL. M. (International Law & WTO)
- 1 Year LL. M. IPR and Cyber Law
- 1 Year LL. M. Corporate Law
Q-2 What is the fee structure of an integrated Under-graduation program atGITAM School of Law?
Ans. GITAM School of Lawprovides B.A. LL.B, B.B.A. LL.B and B. Com. LL.B with the following fee structure:
Yearly Amount to be paid
1st year ₹ 1,05,000
2nd year ₹ 1,05,000
3rd year ₹ 1,05,000
4th year ₹ 1,05,000
5th year ₹ 1,05,000
Q-3 What is the contact number of GITAM School of Law?
Ans. The phone number to contact GITAM School of Law is 0891-2840511
Q-4 How are the internships at GITAM School of Law?
Ans. Provides tremendous amount of opportunities to students through internships arranged at –
- Niranjan and Associates
- Fox and Mandal, Kolkata
- Sanghi Chambers, Hyderabad
- AKS Associates, Bangalore (Arbitration)
- Bangalore Mediation Centre
- Lakshmi Narayanan and Associates
- Jus dicere
- Pramila Nisargi and Associates
- Afridi and Angel LLP Dubai (Arbitration)
- Tax Tribunal
- Chandana Art Foundation
- Centre for Social and Constitutional Studies
- Association for Promoting Social Action
- Centre for Social and Constitutional Studies
- Rayalaseema HarijanaGirijana Backward Minorities SevaSamajam
- Jharkhand State Human Rights Commission
- National Cyber Defence Research Centre
- District Legal Services Authority
- AP State Legal Services Authority
District Courts, High Courts:
- M/s Lanka Venkateswarulu & Co.
- Jakkamsetti Ravindra
- Advocate Mohan Rao (SC Advocate-on-record)
About Admission Advice:
- You can contact us for any further admission related queries.
- We provide the admission forms of all the private colleges for free.
- We also help you in getting admission to a particular college of your choice.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – admissionadvice.i[email protected]