Vidya Prasarak Mandal Law College,
The academic institution offers various under graduate program in Law. Vidya Prasarak Mandal Law College is one of the best in Maharashtra which provides quality law education to produce legal professionals that excel in various sectors.
“A true teacher would never tell you what to do. But he would give you the knowledge with which you could decide what would be best for you to do.”
― Christopher Pike, Sati
This is how the faculty at Vidya Prasarak Mandal Law College function. They train students with such a practical approach that they become proficient in deciding what’s best for them. This approach is also applied by the students while dealing with legal matters to make analytical decisions backed up by logical reasoning.
Vidya Prasarak Mandal, the parent body of VPM Law College Thane, was founded in the year 1935, way before the Independence of the country. Dr. V. N. Bedekar was elected as the President of VPM Law College Thane in the historic annual general meeting held on September 29, 1957.
Vidya Prasarak Mandal Law College, Thane’s Facts in Brief:
|· Established in||June, 1972|
|· Approved by|
|Bar Council of India (BCI) since 1972|
|· Affiliated with||Mumbai University (Permanent affiliation status)|
|· University is Member of||Association of Indian universities (AIU)|
|· Genders accepted||Co-ed|
|· Accredited by||NAAC As C+ (2004)|
Contact Details of Vidya Prasarak Mandal Law College, Thane:
Address: Jnanadweepa College Campus,
Chendani Bunder Road,
Near CIDCO Bus Stop,
Thane (W) – 400 601 Maharashtra
Course offered by Vidya Prasarak Mandal Law College, Thane:
- LL.B. (General):
- Duration = 3 years (6 semesters)
An LL.B./Bachelor of Laws degree from VPM Law College Thane is a professional law degree awarded after completing undergraduate education. In Latin, the abbreviation LLB stands for Legum Baccalaureus. Here are some of the examples of LL.B. programs are in law sectors such as business law, international law, criminal law etc.
VPM Law College Thane‘s LL.B. program is considered as one of the most prestigious courses one can study in Maharashtra. Career options after completion of the course, are available in both the private and public sectors. The most commonly available Job Profiles for LL.B. degree holders from VPM Law College Thane are Lawyer, Attorney, Lecturer, Legal Advisor at various firms, Public Prosecutor etc.
The program is divided into 6 semesters spread over 3 years. Curriculum of the program is designed in such a manner to include Seminars, Tutorial Work, Moot Courts and practical Training Programs through interactive sessions. Students can also choose specializations of their interest from these electives, in their VI semester (any 2):
- Banking and Negotiable Instruments
- Law of Insurance
- Intellectual Property Law
- Conflict of Law
- Law relating to Women & Children
- Law and Medicine
Admission Criteria and Eligibility for Vidya Prasarak Mandal Law College, Thane:
- A Candidate seeking admission must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum 45% aggregate in graduation for general and 40% for reserved categories.
- A candidate can take admission through the National level exam CLAT UG programme or also through Maharashtra State Entrance Test.
- Admission will be done on the basis of CLAT Score Card and Counselling Process.
Campus Facilities at Vidya Prasarak Mandal Law College, Thane:
- 15 classrooms (each can accommodate 80 students) that are large, spacious and properly ventilated
- A common staff room for teachers & a cabin for the Professor in charge
- An examination room
- A spacious office, a cabin for Office Superintendent and a Principal’s cabin
- Adequate toilet facilities
- An airy library, housed on the ground floor
- Classrooms adequately equipped with furniture and fixtures
- Internet connection points in each classroom
- Aqua guards everywhere to provide germ free and clean drinking water
- A Gymkhana to keep students’ fitness in check
- Canteen that provides, homely, hygienic, fresh and tasty food
- Auditorium Room to accommodate a large number of students at once
- Banking so that students don’t have to go outside the campus for various banking matters
- Girls Common Room
- Boys Common Room
- Parking for the students who visit campus on their own vehicle
- Photocopier as photocopies of books, syllabus and notes are needed every now and then
- Computer labs to be accessed even after college hours
- Web access centre with 24*7 availability
- Internship programmes
Faculty and staff of Vidya Prasarak Mandal Law College, Thane:
VPM Law College Thane accommodates a good number of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with the skills to offer latest pedagogy. They have mostly done LL.M. (Master of Laws) which is a reputed degree to have.
VPM Law College Thane has also appointed very talented non-technical staffs to provide an ambience conducive to learning, to the students.
VPM Law College Thane was the First law college in Thane and Raigad districts for almost 30 years. It has made its name as one of the few law Colleges in Mumbai to have an Independent building. The Law College strives to train students in proper use of law library and in developing advocacy skills through various sessions for their holistic growth and overall development.
VPM Law College Thane endeavours to bring experts and high profile professionals with a lot of experience, to address the students. The Law College is one of the several academic institutions established in Thane by the Vidya Prasarak Mandal, Thane.
The main objective of the institution is to put emphasis on the need for industrial knowledge regarding legal issues and for the purpose of providing educational facilities & training for the same. VPM Law College Thane also aims to start and operate with various undertakings such as Industrial Educational Institutes, Polytechnic, Engineering College etc.
Question 1: Is there any minimum cut-off CLAT score prescribed by VPM Law College Thane for admission?
Answer: No. There is no minimum cut-off score prescribed.
Question 2: What is the Admission criterion of VPM Law College Thane?
Answer: Admission seeking candidates must fulfil all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines of the college. Admissions are mainly done on the basis of CLAT Score Card and Counselling Process.
Question 3: What are the timings of the Law College?
Answer: The timings are 2–6pm
Question 4: What is link address for 2019-20 admission in LL.B. program of VPM Law College Thane?
Answer: The following link will take you to the admission notice of 2019-20- http://www.vpmthane.org/law/Law_Admission_Notice_2019-2020.pdf
About Admission Advice:
- You can contact us for any further admission related queries.
- We provide the admission forms of all the private colleges for free.
- We also help you in getting admission to a particular college of your choice.
If you find any inappropriate information or wrongly presented facts, please inform us at:
Email id – [email protected]